Local Talk

Birthday party venues

(14 Posts)
HandyWomany Thu 02-Jan-14 00:42:04

Hi, can anyone receommend a party venue/provider in Truro (has to be in Truro itself) for 6 to 8 year olds?

TIA!

<fingers crossed>

HandyWomany Thu 02-Jan-14 00:42:43

Oops - recommend blush

thekitchenfairy Thu 02-Jan-14 19:09:21

Hi Handy

Are you looking for specifically boy or girl_friendly venue?

Truro Arts company does ace parties they are really lovely, lots to do and the staff are brilliant and activities are very well tailored.

I have boys and most successful recent party was a BYO scooter trip to the skate park with. Flasks of hot choc and marshmallows (eldest has winter birthday) then walk home for pizza.

Jason Thomas dance does good dance oriented parties, street dance seems popular.

There are also a couple of excellent halls for hire, Bosvigo School has a children's centre which is well equipped and a good space ie not too big and separate kitchen for food prep. How are these sounding? i will rak my brains for somo more!

HandyWomany Thu 02-Jan-14 20:25:29

That's great, thekitchenfairy - some good ideas there, thank you. I have a DS but it will probably be a mixed group. Will look further into the Truro Arts option!

thekitchenfairy Thu 02-Jan-14 21:39:03

No prob, happy to help smile

Bowling is always good? Don't rate the food there but the kids love it!

thekitchenfairy Fri 03-Jan-14 05:59:41

Forgot to say Truro Arts is v boy friendly, owner has boys herself so v aware that art doesn't have to be pink and glittery!

cornishtsar Fri 03-Jan-14 12:55:03

Coming on to say Truro arts or bowling?

HandyWomany Fri 03-Jan-14 21:10:25

Thank you, both of you! I think I'm going to go with Truro Arts, it seems ideal, and pretty good price wise, hurrah!

HandyWomany Fri 03-Jan-14 22:25:34

Have just noticed, though, that they specify a minimum of 10, but I was hoping for max 7. Back to wibble!

thekitchenfairy Mon 06-Jan-14 13:57:07

Give them a call Handy they really are very friendly and I am sure if there is nothing booked on the day you want they will do something for you. Seems a shame to turn away a booking on the basis of being a few children short!

HandyWomany Mon 06-Jan-14 14:02:52

Been down to book it this morning! Squee! They do insist on 10 though, because they have to shut down some of the cafe area and they need to cover the costs - fair enough I suppose, I'm sure we'll be able to drum up some more children from somewhere. Thank you for all your help!

thekitchenfairy Tue 07-Jan-14 16:31:47

Hi Handy
Can you come back and let us know how it goes? Maybe even post a little review on here?
<struggling alone to populate listings/reviews and liver suffering as it always seems to be during evenings plus wine>

HandyWomany Tue 07-Jan-14 19:31:51

I certainly will grin

thekitchenfairy Fri 21-Mar-14 22:21:06

And... Did it go well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now