Any mums in our near Camborne?

(19 Posts)

Hello all.
Just wondering if there are any mums in or near Camborne that would be interested in a meet-up? I'm a (rather shy) 33 year old mum to a lovely, crazy 6 month old boy and would really love to make some new mum friends to meet up for walks and coffee.

Poppysmummyxxx Wed 06-Jan-16 23:09:16

Hi! I'm in Redruth, mum to 3 month old girl, would love to meet up! Feel free to add me on Facebook Rhiannon Thomas (picture is of me and baby in pink coat)

KayTree Tue 09-Feb-16 14:45:55

Hi, I am from Camborne and mummy to my 9 and a half month old baby girl. I'm 28 and would love to meet up 😊

Hi Poppysmummy and KayTree. Glad to hear there are mums in Camborne wanting to meet up! If you fancy taking the little ones for a walk and catching up for coffee then drop me a line:

ZaraMoo15 Sun 06-Mar-16 11:53:08

Hello All, I am a new first time mum (I'm 30) to a 4 month old and often feel I am completely clueless in what I am doing. I am trying to find groups/other first time mums to meet/chat too for advice and help so I don't feel so alone and so often useless. I have attended a mother and toddler group the first time last week but upon arriving found out that my little girl was far too young for that group and it also seemed quiet a few of the mums were established with friendship groups etc already so I was sat on the side ignored most my visit, not great when you already feel in need of help! Please let me know if there are others of you in the same boat as me! Advice? Group suggestions? SOS?

absentmindeddoodles Thu 14-Apr-16 10:54:54

Hi all!
My son is a fair bit older that your little ones ( he is 5) But always up for meeting new people and making friends. I'm in Camborne. smile

AmyLouKin Fri 29-Apr-16 20:37:10

Hi all, I am also in Redruth and have no mum friends ( the only one moved away several yrs ago with her family to study) . I am 36 with a 2 mth old! I never fancied any of the local groups and don't drive but I know it would do me good to get out and chat to other mums! I can easily get to Camborne by public transport and know it reasonably well as I used to live there! Hope you and your little ones are all well! 😊

Does anybody fancy arranging a meet up? Maybe something like a walk at Tehidy, or coffee/cake at Heartlands? Or maybe somewhere in Redruth? I'm open to ideas! My little boy Rowan (10 months) really needs more contact with other children as he just thrives on it.

LifeAfterSleep Sun 05-Jun-16 10:27:10

Did you guys arrange a meet up? I'm near(ish) to Camborne and have a 10 month old DS, we'd be up for a meet up smile

Hi Lifeaftersleep no we didn't but I am definately up for it. I'm away for 2 weeks but back at the end of June. Anybody else up for a play date?

LifeAfterSleep Sun 05-Jun-16 20:26:08

How about Heartlands? Thinking that would be suitable whatever the weather might bring and also easily accessible by public transport?

Heartlands works for us lifeaftersleep How far are you from Camborne?

LifeAfterSleep Mon 06-Jun-16 08:10:39

I'm about 15 mins out of Camborne. I drive, but Amy said she doesn't so I was thinking Heartlands as I think buses go past there? I might be mistaken though!

ImSoVeryTired Tue 14-Jun-16 14:01:27

Hi, changed username. Not sure if that will register on here, anyways, it's Amy! I would like to meet up but finances are pretty dire so until they get back on track I'm not going anywhere I can't get to on my own two feet (and pram)! grin Didn't see posts till today I'm afraid as forgot password and didn't get around to resetting till now! Yes, I'm that useless! smile see u all in future I hope.

LifeAfterSleep Fri 17-Jun-16 09:56:18

Hi Amy, love the new user name, can totally relate grin. Is there somewhere you can think of closer to you that would be easier for you to get to? MumOnACornishFarm would you be happy to change the location of a meet-up?

Hi all! I'm totally flexible about meeting up somewhere else if it means more can make it. We're battling chickenpox at the moment sad (didn't think I'd be dealing with that so soon!) but as soon as he's better it would be lovely to meet up.

LifeAfterSleep Fri 17-Jun-16 13:42:23

Oh no! Oh bless you and your little 'un, that can't be fun sad Hope he's feeling better soon flowers

Thank you Lifeaftersleep, he got it just in time for his first birthday party! The poor little thing doesn't know what to do with himself.

ImSoVeryTired Sat 18-Jun-16 19:06:32

I don't know of anywhere more suitable round here that u can get to on foot, sorry. Maybe just go ahead and meet up (after the little one recovers from chicken pox, poor thing) and let me know if you want to meet up again in July. Funds should be better then. I sincerely hope. Thanks for being so considerate though, very kind of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now