Local Talk

Playgroups in Truro

(8 Posts)
jaype Fri 05-Sep-08 13:54:27

Hello everyone - well, my eldest has finally started school today and my 2.5 year old dd is looking a bit lost... can anyone suggest any good playgroups in Truro? I had a poke about in the library this morning but couldn't find any lists or leaflets... when we lived in London the council used to send out lists of what was on offer but I'm not sure if Cornwall / Carrick do this? Anyway, recommendations and advice very, very gratefully received - what i really want is one where we can both stay rather then a pre-school as she goes to nursery 3 mornings a week as it is, which I think is enough for her (even if she disagrees and keeps asking to go on her days off!) thanks

scorpio1 Fri 05-Sep-08 13:57:18

Ring your local childrens centre

jaype Fri 05-Sep-08 14:53:25

Thanks - tried via the council but the cornwall / carrick website takes you round in circles before ending up at a page that is no longer there angry. Will try it, I suppose. It says there are things called parent centres in st austell and newquay but sounded more like they were about benefits... Will just ring a number at random and hope they can help.

redflipflops Fri 05-Sep-08 15:09:15

look at http://www.childcarelink.gov.uk

The Pottery Pre-School Toddler Group
Monday and Wednesday Friday 9:30am - 11:00am
Truro Baptist Church Chapel Hill, Truro Cornwall TR1 3BD
Contact details: 01872 263799

Truro Nursery School, 01872 274 693
Thursdays Toy Library Toddler Group - 1.15 pm to 3.15 pm. FREE

Truro Nursery School also organises Stay and Play Together at the following venues throughout the Carrick area:

Bosvigo School - Mondays - 9am to 10.30 am.

Perranporth Methodist Church - Mondays 9.30am to 11.30 am.

Kea School - Mondays 1.30 pm to 3.00 pm.

Tregolls School , Truro - Mondays 1.45 pm to 3.05 pm.

Blackwater School - Tuesdays 9 am to 10.30 am.

Rosa Fri 05-Sep-08 15:23:32

Baby gym it the John Sunley gym costs £3.50 a session . I know its Thurs at 10.45-11.45 but think they do it Tues and Wed - Pat and John are lovely . They move onto a more structured gym class when a bit older!!!

jaype Fri 05-Sep-08 17:26:59

Thanks! Have found out there's a ballet class at the Jason Thomas centre on weds afternoons that's a drop in - not sure it will be her cup of tea, though...

Rosa Sat 06-Sep-08 12:22:16

I think thats the same building and I got it wrong its the Bernard Sunley Gym ( I think).Underneath is a pre school- Its next to what I call ' The Lounge' Car park not far from the Indian !!!!

jaype Sat 06-Sep-08 20:47:33

Thanks again everyone - managed to finally find the right bit of the council. sadly most playgroups are on mornings when I'm working but one at kenwyn is fine. Anyone been?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now