Hi mums, I'm new to the site - where does everyone come from?

(17 Posts)
Heygo Mon 14-Nov-11 00:29:25

Hello I am very much a newbie to mumsnet! I am from the Antrim area and wondering where everyone comes from?
Are there ever meetups during the day or weekend days?

I hope this message sends ok and i hope to chat soon to everyone.
All the best.

TeeTsarina Mon 14-Nov-11 06:19:39

Hi Heygo

Nice to meet you. I live in Belfast.

I've been trying to set up a meet up for ages but there just doesn't seem to be any interest! The 'Tsarina' in my nickname means I volunteer to do such things on behalf of MN (although you don't have to be a Tsarina to arrange one, of course! smile).

We did have the beginnings of a group about year ago, and had a fab Christmas dinner meet up, sans kids, but everyone just sort of evaporated after that!

My regular talk nickname is Tee2072, hope to see you around!

SnoozleDoozle Tue 15-Nov-11 19:18:00

I'm not far from Antrim myself. I do check out the 'local' part of the site fairly regularly, but as Tee says, it tends to be a bit....er.....slow. Maybe we need to drum up some interest.....hand out flyers or something!

Heygo Tue 15-Nov-11 23:51:59

Hi girls it's so lovely to get replies! I used to go on another mums site a while back and you are both very right- people either evaporate and things are very slow.

I would love to help out with some meets!would be lovely to get to know other mums out there and the idea of a night out too sounds fun!lol

I am just about getting used to this site but I found the way back to here- so that's a start ;)

Speak soon

mandyj1977 Tue 10-Jan-12 14:58:19

i'm from larne, just joined this 2day smile

TeeTsarina Tue 10-Jan-12 15:55:35

Hi all!

My MN New Years Resolution is to have a Co Antrim/Belfast Meet Up!

Who wants to help rally the troupes? Can we each try to start a talk thread at least once a week? Anyone?!?!

blondie80 Wed 11-Jan-12 09:25:39

'bout ye!

i'm from carrickfergus and have been a mnetter for quite a while, don't post that often though!

Talk soon smile

TeeTsarina Wed 11-Jan-12 11:20:55

Whoot! Let's get these boards moving!

TreacleSoda Thu 12-Jan-12 22:06:54

I used to be SnoozleDoozle but hated the name (chosen in a hurry because everything I tried seemed to be taken) so now I'm TreacleSoda. Just in case I post on the local boards and you all think we have a newbie....smile

Heygo Sat 21-Jan-12 00:25:09

Hi everyone!! Definately sounds good!! I'm moving in a month fingers crossed!! To Carrickfergus direction- so wud be really nice to get to know new mums.
smile

alexandrasmum11 Wed 14-Mar-12 23:32:43

Im new to this im from carrickfergus

lynnef29 Wed 28-Mar-12 20:42:29

Hi! I'm a newbie and live in the antrim area. would be very keen to have a meet up so will keep checking! smile

Heygo Wed 11-Apr-12 00:03:33

Hi Lynne

I am in Antrim also. I'm a newbie on this site which shows as I never get on here much.

Heygo Wed 11-Apr-12 00:06:36

That message sent before I could finish lol. Any meetups would be lovely.

Speak later

Heygo Fri 20-Apr-12 08:32:49

Hi everyone. Where are you all! Thinking could arrange some sort of mertup?

Speak later.

jordanstownmum Sun 18-Nov-12 08:53:47

hey, im in jordanstown and ib be up for a meet :-)

Tammy1023 Thu 12-May-16 22:47:08

I'm new to your sight also but I'm here from Portland Oregon.so hello to everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now