Moving to coventry

(8 Posts)
ocean5007 Mon 12-Oct-15 23:48:49

So my bf has been offered a phd at warwick uni to start this december. We are currently looking for places to live but dont have a clue where to start? would like to live somewhere with good links to the train station and buses so i can travel home to northampton on a regular basis. I am also currently 38 weeks pregant so would like to join a mother and baby group to meet new people.

Brucietheshark Tue 13-Oct-15 13:13:36

Have you looked at Southam?

Perfect position for you. Much much more for your money than Leamington but much nicer than Cov (imo).

Lots of mother and baby stuff, good nurseries, good schools (especially secondary).

Are you going to rent or buy?

ocean5007 Thu 15-Oct-15 10:29:29

We looking at renting somewhere at first and have been told to look round earlsdon area.
Not thought of Southam so will take a look, we planning on going up for the day on sat to have a look around some of the areas.

Brucietheshark Thu 15-Oct-15 16:10:19

Pm me if you want more info on the town.

hookiewookiedoodah Sat 24-Oct-15 11:28:03

Warwick Uni is a bit of a trek from Southam, especially in the rush hour traffic. Kenilworth is nearer and so is Leamington.Both have great schools,restaurants etc. Stations are local too.
However, I live in Finham which is minutes down the road from Warwick Uni and also has great schools and 2 or 3 local stations.

CFusi Mon 17-Oct-16 08:14:39

I would recommend tile hill. I lived there when I did my PhD at Warwick and cycled in every day. It's a bit nicer than Canley and not as expensive as Cannon Park. You also have tile hill train station with direct trains to Northampton. smile

Thatwaslulu Mon 17-Oct-16 10:13:06

Earlsdon is expensive but has nice shops and pubs. I personally think it's a bit overrated and parking can be tricky.

Southam can be hard if you are on buses.

Lots of student accommodation being built in the centre of the city, I'm not sure if any of it is available for Warwick students or if it's just for Coventry Uni though.

I would try Gosford Green, some lovely new build properties to rent and not too pricey, near to the city centre and in an area of urban renewal.

GrrrMachine Mon 17-Oct-16 11:52:05

I'll recommend Tile Hill. Near the University and a load of schools and nurseries. Has good bus network and is near the shops and library as well as the train station. Coventry is about 15-20 minutes on the bus or about 45 mins walk.
It's also near woods and greenspaces and the Xcel Leisure Centre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now