Local Talk

Hi Information Wanted - Warwickshire Area?

(14 Posts)
jasmineaha Thu 02-Aug-07 20:28:55

Hi my family and I are moving to the area in September and i am trying to get an understanding to the area around Hatton. We will be renting on the Hatton estate initially but i need to know hat the local schools are like - primary - as i don't know which to show a preference for, Does anyone have children at primary schools in and around HAtton / Warwick? My son is very shy and doesnot speak much so am worried about sending him to school
thanks

ivykaty44 Thu 02-Aug-07 23:42:52

Hi,

Hatton is local to me I have a collegue at work who used Budbrook school, although she lived in Warwick she liked the school there.

Budbrook is spitting distance from Hatton.

There is a good swimming teacher at Budbrook aswell, she has her own pool and takes lessons after school with just four children in each class.

jasmineaha Thu 16-Aug-07 09:42:07

bump

CherryChoc Mon 12-Jan-09 23:35:28

I have heard Budbrooke is a good school, my neighbour went there and he was very shy, he is a big 17 year old lad now with a girlfriend and a car!

LunarSea Tue 13-Jan-09 08:04:21

Budbrooke seems to be the favoured one - but it's generally oversubscribed. Because they built (and are still building) the big Hatton Park Estate but didn't add any extra schools, a lot of people there end up travelling to schools. I know people who go out to Lapworth and Claverdon, Ferncumbe is pretty close too.

llareggub Tue 13-Jan-09 08:10:18

I live in Warwick and live on an estate not too different from Hatton. Children from our street choose Budbrooke or Wolverton Primary over Newburgh Primary, which is the catchment.

Wolverton is tiny, in a village, with an intake of about 15.

If you fancy private education for senior years, check out Warwick and Kings High School as they offer substantial discounts if you live in the CV34 postcode....and I mean substantial discounts!

llareggub Tue 13-Jan-09 08:10:56

Oops...just noticed the date!

CherryChoc Mon 26-Jan-09 18:35:06

Oops that was my problem, didn't check the date when I originally revived the thread blush

LunarSea Mon 26-Jan-09 20:30:22

Total change of subject - but as there are obviously a few (well at least 3) of us around Warwick is anyone up for a Warwickshire meetup sometime?

llareggub Mon 26-Jan-09 20:45:22

Definitely!

Wiltedrose Tue 27-Jan-09 19:58:49

Hello, I'm in Kenilworth, def up for a meet up!

CherryChoc Thu 29-Jan-09 13:27:36

Why not?

LunarSea Thu 29-Jan-09 13:39:04

New thread re meetup here

And what did you decide?!! Years later I'm having the same debate - live in Hatton and trying to decide between Leek Wootton (would love but out of catchment), Budbrooke (in catchment but didn't love), Wolverton (haven't been yet but like the idea of it being so tiny), Claverdon (ditto but good exam results) and Ferncumbe (very conveniant but Head decidedly sniffy when we visited)....

Welcome any experiences!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now