Local Talk

Leamington Spa - birth choices?

(10 Posts)
catlover83 Wed 28-Oct-09 13:10:32

Hi all

I've just posted this on the main boards and then found the local ones - duh!

I'm not in LS yet, but hoping to move there before baby due (May 2010)...can anyone tell me what the birth choices are if you live in Leamington?

Thanks!

abitchilly Wed 04-Nov-09 13:24:37

Only recently moved to Southam near Leamington. If a hospital birth, I think it's usually Warwick. Sorry not to have more info but I didn't want you to go unanswered.

HTH

llaregguy Wed 04-Nov-09 13:25:36

I think at home, Warwick or possibly Coventry.

Fivefour Wed 18-Nov-09 21:52:11

I think you're right on those being the 3 choices.
I've managed the first 2. With dd2 they wanted me to go to Coventry but I said no as it's quite a long way from L/Spa and I'm glad I did since we only just made it to Warwick, I don't think I'd have liked giving birth in the car on the A46!

Ivykaty44 Wed 18-Nov-09 22:01:04

I have had three friends have babies at Coventry and all three said it was dire, two were having there first and the third was having her third and it was not a good experiance for all three.

Leamington maternity shut down ater many many babies were born there (there is even a fb group about being born at Cay block, Leamington)

Cay block is now based in Warwick hospital. My dd was born at Warwick but 11 years ago in a few days smile

sian1001 Sat 21-Nov-09 23:23:51

hi, i gacve birth to my dd at warwick & am due in april 2010 & will go to warwick again. I couldnt fault the labour ward or staff but wasnt keen on postnatal care!

zanp Mon 23-Nov-09 14:44:36

Hi. I live near Leamington and had my son in Warwick in August 2008. The midwives were fantastic there and I have absolutely no worries about going back there to have next baby due in May 2010. Zanna x

lovingeverymoment Wed 20-Jan-10 12:40:40

I'm planning for Warwick, a close friend has her first there just before christmas, and was very impressed with the standard of care.

BertieBotts Fri 19-Feb-10 21:03:02

Hello, just wanted to let you all know there is now a Mumsnet local for Leamington/Warwick, I am the Tsarina (though about to change Tsarina name to LeamingtonLass - if you see me posting under that name) so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I would agree that Warwick is a good option for birth, I had a good experience there and they have got a very nice birth pool if you are interested in that at all. Their antenatal classes were rubbish though - I did some through the NCT which were much better.

Whoamireally Thu 25-Feb-10 14:21:41

Had both my girls at Warwick - a bit like a conveyor belt but I guess that's pretty much par for the course!

Can't say the care was anything other than basic, personally speaking as a non-straightforward case who had to spend a few days in both times, and there didn't seem to be enough midwives around post-natally. But I would still much rather go there than Coventry. Any day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now