Local Talk

Holmes Chapel

(8 Posts)
hats716 Sat 24-Sep-11 16:39:16

How is this place, Holmes Chapel ? I have to drive everyday from manchester to holmes chapel for my ds school, it is like minimum of 50 mins drive everyday. So thinking of noving there on rent for a year till we get in a position to buy a house. Plz tell me about this place, arr there abt gyms nearby as i badly need to start gyming. What supermarkets are there? Whr do ppl go for shopping etc. Not really worried about kids places as his school is
already offering all that we need in afterschool clubs. Any help is appreciated.

ScottOfTheArseAntics Sat 24-Sep-11 17:06:05

Do you mean Holme Chapel near Burnley?

ScottOfTheArseAntics Sat 24-Sep-11 17:09:22

Oh no. Hold on. I have just googled it and you mean Holmes Chapel in Cheshire. Sorry I can't help you on that one.

hats716 Sat 24-Sep-11 20:48:01

No problem smile

shaking37 Tue 01-Nov-11 21:20:58

i am from holmes chapel
its a lovely place only down side fo rme is supermarket nearest one is tesco in congleton and waitrose sandbach
i think the ap club have a gym
3 pubs

maddening Thu 16-Aug-12 16:13:43

I live near holmes chapel, it is a nice place - but if you want more bustle and choice then knutsford, alderley edge and wilmslow are lovely too.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 22-Aug-12 18:25:04

Holmes Chapel seems really nice, we are about 10 mins away. Like Shaking says, the supermarkets are in Congleton and Sandbach but there are lots of local shops and a library and rail links to Manchester. My firends Dd goes to school nearby and is doing really well, think their High School is good too.

In fact I'm quite tempted to move there myself smile.

Have a look at Nantwich and Alsager and surrounding villages too.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 05-Sep-12 13:41:13

Is the school in Goostrey? Have you had a look at Knutsford/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now