Local Talk

Toddler Groups at the weekend?

(10 Posts)
Theresa34 Sat 15-Jan-11 17:11:14

Does anyone know if there are any at the weekends? I work fulltime (mon-fri) so very difficult for me to meet people. I am a member of kidspace. Does anyone go there?

preghead Sat 15-Jan-11 17:21:14

Hi there apart from kidspace, where I go occasionally, there are no actual regular toddler groups around where you will meet the same people that I know of, anywhere ( you're right, there should be! ), just the softplay places like kidspace. (also the Arc in caterham, manic monsters edenbridge etc but might be too far for you if you are not south Croydon). Only other place I can think of to try is the library as they do some Childrens singing classes etc but, again, not sure if on weekends.

Theresa34 Sat 22-Jan-11 15:06:01

Thanks Preghead

Amechi Tue 13-Sep-11 23:29:06

Hi Theresa

Check out the Croydon Playzone which is open on Saturdays and Sundays as well as week days. It has soft play areas, seperate areas for painting, clay modelling, chalk drawing, as well as a multi sensory room. they also have simple snacks to buy.

More details here:
Croydon Playzone

Sekai Tue 28-Feb-12 11:56:09

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

cabbageandbeans Sun 04-Mar-12 08:45:47

Central library does singing and later they do a story - it is well worth a visit.

Most of stay and play's are open once a month for 'male carers' so dad/grandad/uncle. Its a good way to get the kids out with dad and also get some time for yourself. I know Tunstall/Crossfields/Oasis do it so check out their websites.

Check out the 'families' website or Magazine if you can get one. they have Many listings for toddler groups and I am sure I remember some on a saturday.

Any playground is a good place to meet other parents - so make sure you go to the swings. I have often exchanged numbers with other mums in the park! And you know they will most likely local.

cabbageandbeans Sun 04-Mar-12 08:49:04
Eastcroydonmum Sat 24-Nov-12 20:36:17

I find that there is such a severe lack of things to do with toddlers around London at the weekend, including afternoons and early evenings, that involve mums and dads that I'm even considering starting up my own events. Was thinking about something like jazz for toddlers around Croydon, just like the sold out events as part of London jazz festival. If I get much interest to this post, I'll see what I can do about making it happen! If anyone can suggest any venues, or general ideas do let me know!

ameliakatie Mon 03-Dec-12 19:43:26

I was looking at baby ballet but there are no classes at the weekend and I work Monday to Friday also, I would really be interested in the jazz, my daughter is 14 months old and she loves to boogie!!

brookelaing Thu 10-Jan-13 03:41:51

littlesupernovas.com/

Have a look here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now