Local Talk

Coulsdon? Heeeeelp!!

(4 Posts)
Jennlx Fri 17-Feb-12 15:35:40

Hi there, we are planning on moving from Wallington to Coulsdon next month. Yup, just 10 mins away, big move! But what's it like? Is there a leisure centre? Is it friendly? (I used to live in Wimbledon for years and have found Wallington to be much friendlier!) Any views on nurseries? (Planning to put 2 kids in Brightsparks - the one in Meadow Hill). Any events in Coulsdon, places to take the kids? We've been in Wallington for a year but never went anywhere near Coulsdon, but looking for something a bit greener than Wallington (we lived north of Stafford Road). What about baby groups, any going? (Just had DD, now 6 weeks old). Thanks!!!

CoulsdonMummy Wed 01-Aug-12 09:14:36

Hi, I have been in Coulsdon for 12 years, after growing up nearby in Carshalton Beeches. It was really friendly when I moved in, we even got welcome cards from the neighbours. The shopkeepers are friendly, 3 month old DS even got a nice cuddle from one of them this week! There is nice green space in Coulsdon, with Happy Valley and Farthing Downs. I've taken DS to the Children's Centre at Chipstead Valley for Baby Massage, that was good fun. Am also planning to take DS to the NCT coffee morning in Purley. No Leisure Centre, sadly. I hope that helps, regards

SandersteadMum Mon 03-Jun-13 09:49:45

Jennix How did your move go? What would you recommend for other mums arriving in the area.

I think the coffee morning mentioned by CoulsdonMummy may have been come to an end now.

SandersteadMum Mon 03-Jun-13 09:50:01

Jennix How did your move go? What would you recommend for other mums arriving in the area.

I think the coffee morning mentioned by CoulsdonMummy may have been come to an end now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now