Local Talk

New mum to be moving to purely oaks - advice needed

(8 Posts)
MrsBads Sat 18-Aug-12 01:28:09

Hi ladies,

Im moving into the area next week and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good GP that is child and mum friendly . I've come across haling Park medical group, Parkside group practice and the South croydon medical centre in my searches - any one know is these are any good?

Also looking for a good dentist.

Another BIG thing. Im desperately looking for advice on where to have my baby, I'm due in December and have read mixed things about Mayday maternity care. Ive been reading about St Heliers too as an option but could really do with some mum advice on the best hospital maternity service serving this area. ANY thoughts and words of advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

X

charlieandthechocolatecake Sun 19-Aug-12 18:48:03

Hi,I'm just down the road in Purley, I can only advise you to avoid woodcote group practice. They only have a premium rate number and I have every reason to believe you get held in an imaginary queue before being answered. You then usually receive a letter through the post cancelling your appt. Their online booking system is rubbish too. My sons 4 weeks old and I'm already having to change his doctors due to their incompetence. I had DS at mayday, I had excellent care on the labour ward (high risk) and even better after care.hth.

SoupDragon Sun 19-Aug-12 18:54:17

A lot of my friends are at Parkside.

MrsBads Mon 20-Aug-12 11:51:52

Thanks so much both, appreciate the heads up wink

Sastra Mon 20-Aug-12 11:54:40

I thought one didn't get much choice for a GP practice? I've been told twice in the past couple of years you have to be in their catchment area, and these areas don't tend to overlap??

Sastra Mon 20-Aug-12 11:55:42

I'm in Crystal Palace and I'm having my baby at Kings. Further away, but have ears excellent things.

Jillisa Tue 21-Aug-12 11:52:05

Hello

If you're looking to make new mum friends in the Croydon area, there's a mums group starting, called Mums Aloud at Off the Record, 72 Queens Road, Croydon, CR0 2PR. Every Wednesday from 22nd Aug. - 26th Sept. Arrive 2.15pm for a 2.30 start.

Further info below:

If you’re a mum with a child aged under 3 years and want to meet other mums in the area, then come and join the Mums Aloud support group.

Unwind, relax and have fun. Advice, support and adult conversation with mums and guest speakers.

Please bring your baby and anything you need to make you and your baby’s time at the group enjoyable.

A child friendly room with toys for the little ones and snacks will be provided. Baby changing and feeding facilities are available.

This is a free event. To book your place and for more information call Off the Record on: 020 8251 0251. To download a flyer: www.offtherecordcroydon.org/our-services/counselling/support-for-mums.aspx

Erac Tue 21-Aug-12 20:21:37

OP, I sent you a message.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now