Local Talk

Croydon News: "Suspicious Incident" outside Croydon school.

(5 Posts)
SandersteadMum Thu 16-May-13 22:10:43

The Croydon Guardian reported an incident outside a Croydon school this morning.
See Here

Initially it was reported as an "attempted abduction" but the head-teacher was asked by the Police to change the message on her school website, after which it became a "suspicious incident".
See Here

This evening a number of head teachers have been sending out messages to parents referring to a "possible attempted child abduction" incident in South Norwood, with advice to be vigilant and for children to walk in groups rather than alone on their way to and from school.

SandersteadMum Fri 21-Jun-13 10:59:22

Along the same lines as this story, schools in South Croydon have been asking parents to be extra vigilant due to reports of a suspicious male standing outside local schools.

SandersteadMum Thu 11-Jul-13 21:19:07

So, yet another 'suspicious incident': HERE

What do you make of these incidents. Are these incidents just over-reacting or should parents be worried?

WhatDoTheDogsThink Sun 14-Jul-13 15:25:11

I can't say that these reports make me any more worried or vigilant than I would normally be. We're all aware that children are snatched, although it's rare, and that allowing young children out of sight could pose a risk.

My DS3 aged 7 started school last September and on his first day I asked him to stay away from the fences around the playground and not to play in the trees where he can't be clearly seen.

I don't think there's a child abductor lurking around every corner but I do think we should be vigilant at all times and not just for a few days after a 'Suspicious incident' has been reported locally.

These incidents always get me worrying but like WhatDoTheDogsThink I'm always aware that this happens. My girls know and understand the dangers, sad but true fact.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now