bonfire night

(13 Posts)
AnnaStockholm Thu 06-Oct-16 09:45:08

Hi
I wonder where the best fireworks will be a bonfire night in the Croydon area?

Thanks!

Purleybookworm Thu 06-Oct-16 12:56:43

This one in Carshalton might not be too far, depending on where you are in Croydon - its normally really good www.carshaltonfireworks.org.uk/

AnnaStockholm Thu 06-Oct-16 13:00:32

I live in Purley, but I am happy to travel for good fireworks.

Thanks!

ScienceRocks Thu 06-Oct-16 14:50:04

Kenley Primary School does a display. It's a Facebook link but here is the flyer:
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155343574558146&set=o.163564683672984&type=3&theater

Purleybookworm Sat 08-Oct-16 23:24:12

Ooh Sciencerocks, I do love fireworks and as the Kenley one is a Friday could theoretically go to both... Not sure DC will be as keen as me to spend two evenings in the cold though!

SandersteadMum Sun 09-Oct-16 11:55:15

There are fireworks in Sanderstead again at Atwood School but everyone is welcome. Tickets have to be bought in advance online.

www.friendsofatwood.co.uk/

Joeagle0709 Sun 09-Oct-16 12:06:32

Fireworks at Kenley Primary School are back for the 3rd year. You can book via www.buytickets.at/kenleyprimaryschoolpta

Titsywoo Sun 09-Oct-16 13:25:54

The ridgeway primary ones in south croydon are very good and the pta this year are very impressive so extras (booze, selling stalls etc) should be good too.

sandersteadmummy Mon 10-Oct-16 09:56:27

Ridgeway Primary School (Southcote Road, CR2 0EQ - bus 403, walking distance from Sanderstead or Purley Oaks train stations or plenty of free parking on adjacent residential roads) have been running their fireworks display for years.

Tickets are available to everyone - www.pta-events.co.uk/ridgeway

Early bird family tickets (2 adults, 2 children) for £12 available until 30th October.

Doors open 5pm with fireworks at 6pm, so perfect for little ones as not too late. There will be glow products on sale, and BBQ, mulled wine and other drinks. They also have Rock Choir performing!

sandersteadmummy Mon 10-Oct-16 09:58:25

Oops, should have said the Sanderstead fireworks at Ridgeway Primary School are on Saturday 6th November!!

LocalEditorCroydon Mon 10-Oct-16 10:58:15

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

We've put these suggestions on our Bonfire Night page and will keep updating it as we hear of more: local.mumsnet.com/croydon/bonfire-night

Do let us know if you know of any in or near to Croydon so that we can keep everyone updated.

idontgivearatsass Mon 10-Oct-16 13:44:23

There is one in Crystal Palace park every year - extremely good

2gorgeousgals Mon 10-Oct-16 20:01:08

Here's all the info for the Ridgeway Primary School ones on Sunday 6th November. Great display and at an earlier time than many others which makes it perfect to get your kids home and in bed at normal time (display is at 6pm, with Rock Choir and all the normal food/drink/glow stall beforehand). Also easy/free local parking and fully accessible with a buggy as viewing is from the playground as well as the field. Boots tickets here:
www.pta-events.co.uk/ridgeway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now