Local Talk

Good cafes/restaurants with babies

(7 Posts)
Caz14 Fri 14-Mar-08 11:48:03

My friends and I are all at the weaning stage with our babies and need to find cafes and restaurants to meet for coffee/light lunch where we can also give our babies lunch etc.

Great: Allders 4th floor - really spacious for prams, has a microwave (crucial!) and highchairs. Only downside is that the babychanging is on a different floor.

BAD: Debenhams! We were there yesterday and there must have been about 20 babies (a few groups). There is a microwave, but only ONE highchair. Staff were useless and there's no room for pushchairs round the tables. Definitely won't go there again.

Anyone got any other good or bad places in or around Croydon?

NKffffffffb9e446daX11692c39875 Mon 17-Mar-08 13:56:41

Hi Caz, the clocktower cafe in Croydon has several highchairs and is very child friendly. There are also changing facilities on the same floor within the library. Not sure about microwave provision. Cafe Nero is also generally very baby friendly.

Jen99 Wed 19-Mar-08 20:28:26

You could try Auberge on the 3rd floor of the Whitgift Centre. Has plenty of space for buggies and is right next to the baby changing. Not sure about highchairs as DS is only 11 weeks but they are always happy to warm up bottles for you.

Nickysmummy Tue 03-May-11 11:49:42

hi, me and my friends go to scrumpacinos on george street in croydon, all staff are really friendly and they are very accommodating when we take the babies in

KarenCartwright Sun 05-Jun-11 16:36:50

Now you have Beanies! An amazing space to EAT, PLAY, LEARN, PARTY, PAMPER and SHOP - for you and your little ones. A beauitfully relaxing cafe on the ground floor, a fun and educational play floor with table service on the middle floor and a full timetable of workshops on the top floor (with space for parties at the weekend too). What more could you ask for? Check out our website www.beaniescafe.co.uk or email thegirls@beaniescafe.co.uk for more info. See you there xx

chickenpickin Sun 05-Feb-12 20:11:07

Kidplay cafe in Addiscombe - its the ONLY place to go! Totally chilled, reasonable prices and a squillion highchairs! Will heat your own stuff and serve really good inexpensive food for babes & toddlers. Pick your time of day carefully if you with really little ones as it does get busy, call them they really helpful. I think it is amazing and if you got older ones they can have areally good play.

navsta Sat 11-Feb-12 15:01:48

why not bring your little ones for a real treat to Afters Ice Cream & Dessert parlour www.aftersoriginal.co.uk our new parlour is located at 54 South End, Croydon, CR0 1DP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now