Local Talk

I have moved to Cartmel!

(17 Posts)
VinegarTits Wed 19-Jan-11 12:04:40

Hello i have just moved to (cark-in-)Cartmel, do any MNers exist in this area?

feeli like billy-no-mates at the moment grin

nymphadora Wed 19-Jan-11 12:23:44

I'm not far away. Couple of others in the area but not many of us ( not that are in the open anyway!)
Know of 2 in kendal , 3 in barrow & me. I've only met one other though so they may not all be real grin

VinegarTits Wed 19-Jan-11 13:19:21

So some still in the closet then grin

i didnt think there would be many, been sussing the mums at my sons new school and none of them have that 'MN air' about them grin

xMrsSx Wed 19-Jan-11 14:25:47

I was wondering the same... there doesnt seem to be much MN action round here either (Carnforth).

nymphadora Wed 19-Jan-11 14:48:37

I've been on <shhh> netmums & nothing happening there either!

We had a meet up about 4 years ago but most came from manc etc

HermyaLovesLysander Wed 19-Jan-11 21:16:52

<watches tumbleweeds blow past>

Well I'm around and about.

Nymph I'm not real at all wink.

nymphadora Thu 20-Jan-11 08:16:07

grin

xMrsSx Thu 20-Jan-11 09:35:19

nymph - ppl came from Manc? They must have meet ups down there surely? Why do you think this area doesnt seem to have many MNetters? Perhaps we should get out there and promote it??? grin
<dons sandwich board and grabs bell>

nymphadora Thu 20-Jan-11 09:36:22

We had it at Fell Foot in Summer , an all day thing so it was a day out for them

xMrsSx Thu 20-Jan-11 09:50:38

Ahh, thats makes sense...

Acepuppets Mon 30-Apr-12 22:56:12

Hi I live in Cark in Cartmel near the estuary. I am called Sian and I have three year old son. My email address is sian@acepuppets.co.uk

ElizaBennett Mon 21-Jan-13 13:23:24

I'm a bit late to this party, but have just moved to Kendal and agree it seems a bit MN quiet around here.

Anyone up for a coffee (or wine!) and to fill me in about family friendly places and life oop north?

grin

Katemay81 Mon 04-Feb-13 21:49:19

Hi, I've just found this thread whilst searching for playgroups etc in Kendal! I am moving to Staveley, from the South, in 2 weeks and have a 2yr old girl. It would be great to learn more about the area, especially kiddy activities and hear from other new people to the area. If anyone is interested in sharing that would be great!

bluey12 Sun 10-Feb-13 23:37:49

I'm just outside Bowness, have a 5 month old and would be up for meeting some other mums - and coffee is always a good idea as far as I'm concerned!!

topsforshort Tue 14-May-13 14:26:31

Moved to Kendal about a year ago from south and finding it difficult to find like-minded families. Have a 2 1/2 year old and would love to meet for coffee (or wine!) to have a normal (not toddler) conversation!

LocalEditorCumbria Wed 02-Oct-13 13:49:10

Hi,

This thread has been reanimated just in case you are all interested in arranging a meet up very soon.

If you would all like to meet up please send a message and we can arrange the very first Cumbria meet up.

Best wishes

CumbriaEditor

Lepaskilf Mon 19-May-14 17:30:43

Hi, we are due to buy a house in Grange over sands in the next couple of months. How are you finding it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now