Local Talk

Kendal meet up?

(53 Posts)
ElizaBennett Mon 21-Jan-13 13:20:26

Hi there,
Anyone in Kendal or nearby and fancy a meet up? I just moved here a few weeks ago and would love to meet some like minded people.
grin

DaddyHax Fri 25-Jan-13 11:50:03

Just moved here a few weeks ago too.

My wife and I don't know anybody in the area (apart from her parents) and we are also looking to meet people / make friends etc. We have an 18-month old boy, live pretty central to Kendal and are 30-something year-olds.

lovepizza Wed 06-Mar-13 14:05:08

hello. I'm a Kendal resident with a 3 y.o. son. I can help you meet some other parents if you like? maybe we could meet at Fun for Kids on Parkside Road one afternoon? Mondays and Tuesdays good for us anytime, Wed, Thurs and fri, would need to be 3pm.

ElizaBennett Tue 12-Mar-13 21:42:45

Hey there lovepizza - sorry for the late response. I hadn't realised that posts in local don't pop up on 'threads I'm on' (do they?) so didn't see your reply. And would you believe DaddyHax is actually my DH? Hahah. I'd love to meet up at Fun for Kids. Maybe next Wed (20th?) at 3ish?

lovepizza Fri 15-Mar-13 11:38:34

Hi - that's funny re: DH!! Sorry got an appointment on Wed 20th now.Thurs or fri any good?

topsforshort Tue 14-May-13 14:21:47

Hi guys, we are relatively new to the area from london, with a 2 year old, and haven't really met many people. Would love to meet up if anyone is up for it? smile

LocalEditorCumbria Wed 02-Oct-13 10:03:47

Hello,

Did you all meet up in the end?

We are now an active website so can help with meet ups and encourage others to join.

We will be checking threads regularly and it would be fantastic if we could organise the first meet up.

Thanks

CumbriaEditor

Helloall1 Tue 08-Oct-13 13:04:42

hi everyone. I am trying to post threads about kendal...apologies if in wrong post. We are looking at relocating and kendal seems to be top of list, main queries are if it is easy to settle in, meet new people, toddler activities and good nurseries. We are moving from fylde coast and have a little boy who is nearly three.

we are coming to visit in a couple of weeks to get more of a feel for the area...renting in milnthorpe to explore. It would be great to get local knowledge x

LocalEditorCumbria Tue 08-Oct-13 19:17:53

Hi Helloall,

There are lots of toddler groups and activities in Kendal, we have just posted details of all of the Children's Centres and will be adding details of all of the toddler groups in the county.

There is a children's centre in Milnthorpe so you could arrange to visit - everyone is very friendly and could point you in the direction of Kendal too because they are connected together.

I hope that this is of use to you - if you do decide to live in Kendal we could organise the first Cumbrian real life meet up so you could get to know more people.

CumbriaEditor

Helloall1 Fri 11-Oct-13 16:18:33

fantastic. thanks. we are staying in milnthorpe next week so will have a good look around :-)

ElizaBennett Fri 18-Oct-13 23:12:09

Hey LEC - sorry, only just seen your post. I've met up with LovePizza and TopsForShort and am married to DaddyHax grin Keep us updated about 'official' meetups though. I'd definitely come along.

Helloall1 - Good luck with the move. I commented on your other thread too so give me a shout if you fancy a coffee with a freindly face and a bonkers toddler

LocalEditorCumbria Tue 22-Oct-13 13:41:40

Eliza Brilliant - I will get one organised - Please follow the Facebook page or Twitter for constantly updated information about events - I will obviously post on here too.

LEC

Helloall1 Thu 24-Oct-13 14:59:04

we are in kendal today....its so lovely!!! i think its somewhere we would enjoy living. ill keep everyone posted as need to rent or sell my home first :-)

LocalEditorCumbria Thu 24-Oct-13 16:17:09

Hi Helloall1,

Glad you like it here - hopefully by the time you move here we will have started meeting up.

Please do keep us posted as to what you are doing - we look forward to meeting you.

LEC

TheBumpster Thu 27-Mar-14 13:49:42

Hi there, I've just moved to Kendal from London with a newborn girl and I'd love to meet any fun mumsnet mums locally! I know this is an old thread but I'm pretty new to mumsnet (well, new to posting - I've done lots of reading and either feeling reassured or chuckling/laughing like a drain!) ... anyway, yes, I'm pretty new so waqsn't quite sure where to find the pages etc that LocalEditorCumbria was referring to - any advice or local contacts would be fab, as I feel pretty shellshocked at leaving the hustle and bustle of living on a very busy main road in London for such a quiet life in an area where I barely know a soul! Thanks!

Helloall1 Sun 06-Apr-14 17:00:50

Hello! We have only been here a few days and don't know anyone either. How are you settling in?

Helloall1 Wed 09-Apr-14 07:51:28

bump

pennyviolin Thu 08-May-14 17:20:46

is anyone interested in starting/coming to a book group in Kendal? to read a book a month and meet up one evening to chat? probably in a local cafe/pub!

Helloall1 Sat 10-May-14 20:19:09

I have become a traitor and converted to an e-reader....LOVE it. I really enjoy reading so would be interested in this. Any more takers?

pennyviolin Sun 11-May-14 17:17:19

We could do with a few more...enthusiastic readers/discussers! come on everyone!

Helloall1 Sun 11-May-14 19:23:39

This board is really slow....you could start a new book topic in the 'discussions' section on here, more people may see it then

:-)

pennyviolin Sun 11-May-14 19:57:29

Thanks for the tip,will do just that! I have also put idea on Facebook and got some interest there,looks like it'll get going really soon

lthackray Sun 17-Aug-14 12:33:21

Hi PennyViolin, did the book club go ahead? I recently moved to South Lakes and would be interested in joining and meeting some new people. Thanks.

topsforshort Thu 21-Aug-14 19:33:45

Hi lthackray, welcome to the area! How are you finding it? I'll be up for a meet-up, I have a 3- yr old and 3 month old...

Helloall1 Mon 22-Sep-14 15:09:56

Hey Ithackray :-D How are you liking the area? Have you arranged a meet up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now