Local Talk

Anyone from Grange Over Sands/Allithwaite?

(7 Posts)
Lepaskilf Mon 19-May-14 17:41:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElizaBennett Tue 20-May-14 20:05:11

I don't know Allithwaite well, but my parents live in Lindale (just outside Grange). There's a playgroup there on a Tuesday that they take my son to and really like. I'm pretty sure there are baby groups in both Allithwaite and Grange too.

There's a few MNers just up the road in Kendal if you want to meet up when you get here smile

LocalEditorCumbria Wed 21-May-14 22:03:30

Hi my son goes to Allithwaite School and we are very pleased with it. He also went to Grange Nursery and we were pleased with there too. I am leaving this position shortly but would be happy to answer any questions you wish to know about the area.

Best wishes

Sian

Lepaskilf Thu 22-May-14 21:49:25

allithwaite Mon 30-Jun-14 12:18:33

I'd aviod Allithwaite School and go for either Cartmel, Lindale or Grange - we took our child out of allithwaite.

Allithwaite is a great village lots of famililes.

as far as things for kids to do loads - usual beavers, cubs, scouts, rainbows, brownies, guides, dance, theatre, baseball, football local parks Cartmel, Linedale & Allithwate are community run and well looked after. Grange are local council and again well looked after.

Grange has a really good range of shops - including good butchers, bakers etc.

I don't think we miss out on much its an active community all round

Lepaskilf Fri 04-Jul-14 20:47:42

allithwaite Wed 09-Jul-14 12:39:16

Sent you a message re- reasons

not much on the main road just the school traffic - very safe usually..

its a great place to live

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now