Local Talk

meet to arrange

(70 Posts)
Ninjahobbit Sat 01-Sep-12 15:18:09

Hi all,

So going off the 'real life friends - or lack of' Ive decided to arrange a meet for us local to derby who dont have any RL friends grin

open to all, we need to arrange a date suitable for all no mean task at all then a place who can put up with lots of ranting adults and time.

So what are people like for availability.

brew and sits comfortably to see what people put

Kowalski Sat 01-Sep-12 15:30:42

Hi Ninja! I am available between 10 and 2 weekdays (while ds is at school) for the next 3 weeks, back at uni after that so free time will be a lot more limited...

Ninjahobbit Sat 01-Sep-12 15:33:56

between 10 and 2 I should be able to manage, with enough notice so I dont book clients. I reckon either week begining 10th or 17th is a good aim.

anyone else? grin

Hello.... smile

I work full time so weekends would be best for me.
I'm not sure if it's a bit weird -- or embarrassing-- me coming as I'm not sure if I'll be too young blush

Not sure what happened there! I'm 26 with no kids yet (despite 3mcs and trying) so if you don't mind me tagging along that would be great smile

Kowalski Sat 01-Sep-12 15:47:04

Weekends are generally ok for me too, have 2 dcs but can leave them with dh if he's not at work. Littlemiss in my head I'm still 24 (in real life I'm 32) smile

Jinsei Sat 01-Sep-12 16:02:00

Well, I'm ancient at 39, but still young at heart! I work FT so weekends tend to be better for me, as long as DH is around to look after dd. Might be able to manage weekdays with a bit of notice.

Ninjahobbit Sat 01-Sep-12 16:25:50

Ok it looks weekends are best, I think its worth deciding if we are meeting with or without DC's (little miss you are more than welcome to join us) I dont mind either (mine prob wont come anyway being 10 and 11 and doesnt want to go anywhere 'boring' have their own interests. I can be flexible with Ex on what time they go to his and come back! I also have babysitters at hand if I need to.

I am also getting rather mature at 35 but my brain is still in its 20's grin

Jinsei Sat 01-Sep-12 16:30:57

With or without DCs is fine for me. Perhaps bringing DCs would make it easier for some?

Kowalski Sat 01-Sep-12 16:52:26

I'm happy to come without dcs especially since ds has recently morphed into the spawn of satan

Whereabouts is everyone in relation to Derby? I'm in Ashby de la Zouch

Ninjahobbit Sat 01-Sep-12 16:55:39

Im glad Im not the only one with DC's who have morphed.

Im in Derby City Centre almost

I propose we pick a place that is DC friendly so that people can choose to bring them or not.

any suggestions on a place is welcome..... the obvious choices are park (with bar cafe) or soft play centre, thats the limit of my suggestions confused but am happy to go anywhere

puds11 Sat 01-Sep-12 22:32:55

Im 24, one girl. I am darley abbey way, a meet up in darley abbey park might be nice? There is a cafe and a play park.

Ninjahobbit Sun 02-Sep-12 08:18:34

That sounds nice, Can everyone get to darley abbey? It is outside the city centre so may not be so crowded.

Depending on how many of my dc's join us I can give people lifts.

Whats peoples thoughts??

puds11 Sun 02-Sep-12 11:38:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kowalski Sun 02-Sep-12 12:39:44

Darley Abbey is fine with me, never been there but just put it in the routefinder and its about 30mins away - with sat nav I should be ok! Free parking is always a bonus!

Ninjahobbit Sun 02-Sep-12 14:59:16

ok so just need to see what littlemiss and jensie think and we can plan it, I think its looking like darley abbey but just want their thoughts before we say for sure, then we can plan when grin

puds11 Sun 02-Sep-12 17:05:10

Sounds like a plan!

Sounds good to me. Not sure where it is but I'll find it! I'm in notts.

Jinsei Sun 02-Sep-12 20:59:55

I don't know where it is either, but I'm sure I'll find it. smile

Do we have a date yet? Sundays are a bit easier than Saturday's for me - how about everyone else?

Ninjahobbit Sun 02-Sep-12 21:05:55

I can do either tbh so will go with the majority.

are we looking at afternoon rather than morning for us lazy lot who cant get up before 10 on a sunday

anyone else is more than welcome to join us too

Sunday fine by me

ldt87 Sun 02-Sep-12 22:29:47

Are lurkers allowed? I'm 25, got 2 little girls who may or may not come with me depending on if they are being monsters! I live in stenson fields :-)

Ninjahobbit Sun 02-Sep-12 23:35:12

lurkers are welcome too smile

Kowalski Mon 03-Sep-12 09:52:59

Sunday afternoons are fine with me :-)

puds11 Mon 03-Sep-12 13:37:23

Sunday will be fine for me too. I'm on holiday this weekend, but will be free after that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now