Local Talk

Dd desperately wants a piano!

(5 Posts)
janji Wed 17-Oct-12 01:50:50

Dd aged 6 has just begun piano lessons and practises at school but we have no instrument for her at home and am very strapped for cash. Have tried freecycle etc but with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas of how to find a piano for my lovely dd? Any help would be really gratefully received.

imadgeine Wed 17-Oct-12 17:05:10

I got a really old electric keyboard for a tenner on ebay. One low note a bit erratic. Might be worth a try to see if her enthusiasm lasts.

Hoophopes Thu 25-Oct-12 14:32:54

some piano shops rent them

SybildeChocolate Mon 21-Jan-13 16:03:48

Have you been into Foulds on Irongate? They have a rental scheme. Ds used a cheap keyboard for a while, they work quite well but you have to make sure they have the same number of keys as a piano. smile

Nightpig Wed 01-May-13 12:11:28

Sorry this is a really late reply but there is a charity in Derby called Lighthouse, next to Cancer research on Albert street. I have seen pianos in there before, one was really beautiful with an ornate stool. It's worth giving them a call becausethey have shops throughout the county and they have to move stock around when they get short on space

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now