Local Talk

Mickleover mums

(11 Posts)
Rach2620 Wed 07-Nov-12 13:02:38

Hi, im new to netmums, I have an 8 month old daughter called Mollie, was looking to find other mums in the area or close by for a meet up and to make new friends for mollie (and me) lol.
Hope to hear from you all,
Rachel xx smile

SybildeChocolate Wed 07-Nov-12 21:24:44

Hi, Rach. You do know that this is MUMSNET, right? wink

Rachel2620 Sat 10-Nov-12 08:08:13

Ha ha yeah netmums mumsnet! Lol blush xx

SybildeChocolate Sat 10-Nov-12 10:28:44

grin Don't worry, no one will hold that against you.

The Derby boards tend to get a little quiet. There are other mums in Derby though, so hang on in there as they will answer. In the mean time, the rest of the site is great. There's a competitions section up the top, and if you look at the active conversations you'll find something to chat about. Watch out for the 'am I being unreasonable?' section though, the posters there can come across as vipers a bit harsh.

Mickelover is lovely. They used to have a toddler group in the hall opposite the shops. smile

Rachel2620 Sat 10-Nov-12 10:34:37

Aww thanks, yh ill have a look! Lol yeah I went up to Mickleover library a few weeks back coz they said there was cradle club baby group so I went along and no 1 was even there! Oh the shame!! Lol blush so I haven't been to any since then coz I don't wanna look an idiot! Lol hence why I joined the site to find another way of Meetin mums n babies lol. Thanks for your help!! winkgrin xx

SybildeChocolate Sat 10-Nov-12 10:44:46

You're very welcome. smile They have a story time session for babies and toddlers in the central library in Derby City centre. I can't remember the dates though, I think it's Mondays (possibly). You can't miss this place, there's a green statue at the front. It's just opposite the Wardwick.

Rachel2620 Sat 10-Nov-12 10:57:54

Yh I know where the library is, I'll check it out, thanks agen chick smile xx

SybildeChocolate Sat 10-Nov-12 11:01:58

No worries smile

DerbyNightfall Wed 14-Nov-12 16:59:20

Hi Rachel, I'm Peartree rather than Mickleover but I have a 9 week old son - waves - so I'm in the same boat of trying to find new friends etc. I'm currently doing a baby massage course in Mickleover - its a nice area to live.

Rachel2620 Fri 23-Nov-12 20:06:47

Hia, awww whats your little boy called? Is the massage course n e good? smile xxx

primaldream Sun 25-Nov-12 16:45:47

Test

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now