Local Talk

Groups around Chellaston for toddler and preschooler

(9 Posts)
NKOTB Thu 06-Dec-12 10:46:45

We have just moved to Chellaston from Bristol. So far we know noone!

This is fine for now but I NEED things to do with the dc's who are 1.5yo and 3.5yo. We have tried out music time in chellaston which was good. smile I also tried going to fun4tots which wa advertised in the lots for tots magazine. That was less good as after a long and chilly walk the venue listed was all locked up and empty! hmm

Any suggestions would be great! smile

MichelleDerby Thu 13-Dec-12 19:03:55

Hello!

Try Creative Little People. They have an art class in Chellaston on a Thursday I think. (Google it)

I've been to their classes in other areas of derby with a 9 month old & an almost 3 yr old and they've really enjoyed it.

NKOTB Thu 13-Dec-12 21:00:33

Thanks Michelle! Unfortunately I have googled and the sessions stopped running in November.

There's something on at the children's centre here on Thursday so we'll try that - had to wait in for delierys etc today.

Any other suggestions? smile

MichelleDerby Fri 14-Dec-12 13:57:08

Oh no! That's a real shame my DD loved going to creative little people.

Sorry I don't have any other Chellaston ideas.

Derby mumsnet local is a bit empty isn't it. We need to drum up a few extra people else we'll spend the whole time talking to ourselves!

MichelleDerby Fri 14-Dec-12 14:14:24

I've posted on the Derby Friendship Bench to see if anyone comes and joins us.

NKOTB Fri 14-Dec-12 15:47:39

I'll do that too- maybe we can get things going. smile

1234adore Sat 05-Jan-13 14:34:00

There's more groups in Melbourne, just over swarkstone bridge - a great tues morning playgroup at the baptist church, good for mixed ages.

CantwaittilFriday Tue 08-Jan-13 12:38:23

Think Playball is starting up in Chellaston soon.

derwentraven Thu 10-Jan-13 07:17:22

Hi, I've just moved to Chellaston too. There is a story time at the library 2:30-3 on Thursdays - I haven't been yet but the library is very nice, if small. I think they do a craft time on Saturdays too.

If you find something else let me know, I'm also looking for anything to get my 2-yr-old out of the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now