Local Talk

Group Meet Up! :-D

(103 Posts)
NKOTB Tue 05-Feb-13 14:15:29

Hi all!

Just wanted to point you in the direction of the meet ups section of our talk board.
here

Come and sign up and we can arrange a group meet up soon! grin

MichelleDerby Mon 04-Mar-13 21:42:29

This thread is number 21 in the active threads! How did that happen? A quiet evening on mumsnet?

SybildeChocolate Mon 04-Mar-13 21:44:14

There's never a quiet evening on mumsnet! grin

motherofvikings Tue 05-Mar-13 13:49:19

Hello All!

I am your local ambassador blush so thought i better pull my finger out and sort out our next meet up! smile
Any thoughts on where or when we'd like a meet up?

*I'll throw something out there and you tell me what you think..

Cafe for coffee/ cake/ chat one morning towards the end of the month?*

I'm a fairly new to Derby so am happy to take suggestions for where exactly to go, but Sadlergate cafe in town is nice and i've heard good things about Alvaston park cafe.

SybildeChocolate Tue 05-Mar-13 14:16:25

The Derbyshire mumsnetters are having a meet up on the 12th in Belper and have invited us along. There's a free tea or coffee. Problem is, is that there's a toddler group going on and I don't think they are going to let the older small children in. sad

Markeaton Park is lovely, and there's a cafe! Alvaston would also be nice, we could take some nuts and seeds for the ducks yea, I'm a sucker. The majority rules though so keep posting (and please can you like our facebook page? We have more like's than Nottingham). begs

Hello, motherofvikings. smile

MichelleDerby Tue 05-Mar-13 14:23:26

I like the idea of a cafe at a park. I've got more chance of getting my 3 year old to sit down at a cafe (without the need for superglue) if I've worn her out first. My 11 month old is pretty easy to please. Feeding ducks sounds good too.

I can normally do most days except Tuesdays.

SybildeChocolate Tue 05-Mar-13 14:28:29

I haven't been to Alvaston Park. blush Markeaton Park has a play area, a cafe, ducks quack, a football pitch, a paddling pool (when it's warmer), moving cars, crazy golf and a steam train. There's a small farm just outside the park and a little garden centre. The farm shop has a tiny cafe but they make huge sandwiches! Tuesdays are not great here either. I can get into Derby for 10am but will have to leave at 2:30 for the school run. smile

motherofvikings Tue 05-Mar-13 14:38:29

Let's stick to a park with cafe, my dc are 4 and 2 almost so def better when they've had some exercise first! smile

We can do any day but ds is in preschool in afternoon so have to get back for that at 12.30.

I have tried the hot chocolates at markeaton park and alvaston - alvaston was better but as dh did a takeaway run I have no idea what the rest of it's like.

Glad to see we have a few people keen to meet up already! smile

motherofvikings Tue 05-Mar-13 14:40:41

Sybille - was markeaton cafe the one in the orangery or are there 2? confused

MichelleDerby Tue 05-Mar-13 14:49:29

There are 2 cafes at markeaton park. One inside the park and one just next to it ( on markeaton lane).

SybildeChocolate Tue 05-Mar-13 14:50:45

A park does sound better. I will go to Belper anyway so anyone's welcome to join us.

It's a shame there's so little for children to do in the city centre. It's probably more accessible for everyone as I always find it a tad unfair to have it on one side of the city as those on the other side will need to travel. We could feed the ducks in the riverbank behind the council house (there's space for a run around), then go for cake a drink in one of the cafe's close by. I bet the quad would be happy for us to join them.

SybildeChocolate Tue 05-Mar-13 14:52:43

Markeaton Lane's just outside the park (past the craft village) where the farm/farmshop/garden centre/cafe is. There's another cafe inside the craft village inside the park itself, just next to paint-a-pot.

smile

motherofvikings Wed 06-Mar-13 14:09:03

Shall we give a vague area of derby we're in so we can pick the most convenient location for the meet up.

I'll start. I'm on the south side, alvaston park is closer but markeaton isnt too far away either.

How about the last Monday before Easter hols start, 25th?

SybildeChocolate Wed 06-Mar-13 15:57:24

I'm not in Derby, I'm just outside but I can get to anywhere. I used to live near Markeaton Park.

horseylady Wed 06-Mar-13 19:58:56

Near Markeaton so can do!

MichelleDerby Wed 06-Mar-13 20:07:49

In the south-west side of Derby. Markeaton park isn't far. Though I do have a car so happy to drive to the opposite side of Derby if that makes it easier for someone. smile

SybildeChocolate Wed 06-Mar-13 22:01:40

Hi horseylady. smile We're so happy to hear from you.

I'm very happy to hear from you all. wine

IIRC the 27 to Mackworth goes past Markeaton Park, the Allestree bus also drops off at the Mundy Play Centre as well. There's a couple of car parks on the park itself.

Is Monday 25th good for you all? Ds will have broken up from school by then so he'll tag along and help us out grin

MichelleDerby Thu 07-Mar-13 05:04:42

Ooh i cross posted with a new person on our thread! Hello Horseylady! grin

<RemindMeWhatSleepIs jumps up and down with excitement!>

Pami9 Thu 07-Mar-13 10:43:35

Markeaton is no far from me either, I hav car so no problem. But what is the final arragements?

SybildeChocolate Thu 07-Mar-13 14:29:03

I'm not very well at the moment so won't be on here. I haven't forgotten though {grabs puke bucket}

MichelleDerby Thu 07-Mar-13 16:38:39

Hello Pami9. I don't think there are any final arrangements yet Pami9. Maybe wait a few days till everyone confirms if they are free on 25th March.

We are free on the 25th. Sounds like we decided on Markeaton Park.

MichelleDerby Thu 07-Mar-13 16:39:08

Get well soon SybildeChocolate!

motherofvikings Thu 07-Mar-13 21:10:54

oh no poor sybil!

Right Marketon Park it is! smile

Is a morning meet up on Tuesday 25th March alright for everyone?

Pami9 Thu 07-Mar-13 21:20:09

25th March is good for me too..

MichelleDerby Fri 08-Mar-13 08:36:07

Motherofvikings the 25th March is a Monday not a Tuesday.

I can do the Monday but not any Tuesdays.

motherofvikings Fri 08-Mar-13 09:05:15

D'oh! blush

How's MONDAY 25th March?

<slinks off to make another cup of tea!> blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now