Local Talk

APPEAL FOR HELP TO SAVE LIVES WITH THE AIR AMBULANCE SERVICE (Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Rutland Air Ambulance- DLRAA/ Warwickshire Northamptonshire Air Ambulance/ The Children's Air Ambulance)

(1 Post)
caterinag Tue 02-Apr-13 13:57:35

I am the Support Crew Action Team Co-ordinator for the Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Rutland Air Ambulance (DLRAA) and The Children's Air Ambulance. We receive no government funding or lottery funding and as a charity are entirely dependent upon volunteers and fundraising to help keep such a vital service in the skies. We cover a population in excess of 1.4 million in our area. Each mission costs approximately £1400 and we cover 2,100 square miles. We are desperately seeking a variety of people across Derbyshire who can help us to continue saving lives. Whether you want to develop and explore new career possibilities, or, are a student looking to enhance your CV, maybe someone able to share your professional expertise, or, like me,enjoy being part of a team, making a positive difference for the benefit of our local area, then please contact me (details below). Many people think of volunteering as something that is very time consuming but it doesn't have to be- a lot of volunteering can be done from home! Indeed, I am currently trying to recruit volunteers to help at Bakewell Spectacular and Show (5/6 May/ 7/8 Aug), Elvaston Castle Stall (5/6 May), Elvaston Steam Rally (6/7 July), Ashbourne Show (17 Aug) and Chatsworth Country Fair (31 Aug- 2 Sept) so even if you are only able to give a morning or afternoon of your time- that is still helping to save lives! PLEASE help us today- you may need us tomorrow. Thank you.
Cat Garrett
catandmark@mac.com
01335 350720

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now