Local Talk

Can you recommend any craft shops?

(10 Posts)
motherofvikings Mon 29-Apr-13 17:45:58

I'm looking for somewhere that stocks wool, fabric, threads, buttons etc etc.

So far I've found diddly squat. There's not even a hobby craft till you get to Nottingham. hmm

Any recommendations? smile

MichelleDerby Mon 29-Apr-13 18:58:43

Hello!

Try the Hook & Eye. It's in Derby City Centre opposite the Entrance to the Market Hall.

Or Dunelm- off London Road. Definitely has fabric, and thread. Not sure about wool. Has a crafty bit somewhere in the middle too.

MichelleDerby Mon 29-Apr-13 19:02:16

There's plenty of places in the Market too ( the one next to Sainsburys in Westfield Centre).

Are you making anything nice? smile

motherofvikings Mon 29-Apr-13 19:45:48

Thanks Michelle! smile

I've not looked round the market bit yet - guess that's why I've not found them! smile

I've got a plan in my head for some appliqué and embroidery and maybe 'girl-i-fying some of ds' jeans for dd. nothing concrete yet.

Now to find some time to look without the dc - they LOVE a craft shop for all of the mess they can make pulling wool etc off shelves. hmm

motherofvikings Mon 29-Apr-13 20:17:26

Thanks Michelle! smile

I've not looked round the market bit yet - guess that's why I've not found them! smile

I've got a plan in my head for some appliqué and embroidery and maybe 'girl-i-fying some of ds' jeans for dd. nothing concrete yet.

Now to find some time to look without the dc - they LOVE a craft shop for all of the mess they can make pulling wool etc off shelves. hmm

MichelleDerby Mon 29-Apr-13 21:15:54

Not very "local" but there's some pretty good stuff to be found on eBay too. I've sewn plenty of bows onto DD's clothes!

SybildeChocolate Tue 30-Apr-13 14:43:08

I used to get all of my supplies from the stalls in the Eagle Centre market. There's a good stall in the Guildhall market as well. smile

DieDeutschLehrerin Tue 30-Apr-13 19:40:20

There's a place that has crafty stuff at Rosliston forestry centre too if you're there with the DCs at all.

SecondStarToTheRight Tue 02-Jul-13 10:17:57

Hobby craft is opening at Kingsway in mid July!

MiaowTheCat Wed 03-Jul-13 09:45:47

Seriously do NOT tell me stuff like this (Hobbycraft). I live in Nottingham but I can't find the Hobbycraft there if I'm actually looking for it - I have to just randomly get lost in the traffic system and suddenly end up driving past it instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now