Local Talk

Alvaston - the good, the bad and the ugly

(3 Posts)
Poppet35 Tue 21-May-13 11:33:42

Hi, I'm moving back home after nearly 20 years living away. Things have changed since I left so i'm not sure if my thoughts on certain areas are justified any longer.

I'm looking to buy and my budget is offering up houses in the Alvaston area. Now is Alvaston good, bad or ugly? Can anyone give me the lowdown, suggest areas I should avoid, suggest good area, opinions on schools and so on and so forth please.

I'm also looking at Castle Donington, I grew up in Aston on Trent so the airport is not an issue to me.

Please help, i'd like to find my two boys and myself a nice house in a nice area that we will be happy and safe in.

Thank you in advance for any help.

SybildeChocolate Thu 23-May-13 21:13:43

Hi,

I have friends in Castle Donington, they love it. Alvaston isn't a great area to be honest.

DraycottGal Thu 04-Jul-13 19:07:16

Some parts of Alvaston are ok. My friend lives off the far end of Shardlow Road, near Boulton Moor, and it's lovely round there, but avoid Harvey Road, Brighton Road etc like the plague! The secondary schools in catchment for Alvaston are dubious though; I've got friends teaching at both and friends with kids there and have heard not so great reports to be honest. Castle Donington is lovely but be prepared for horrendous traffic during Moto GP events, Download etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now