Local Talk

Any single parents want to chat

(3 Posts)
choccypuddin Sat 26-Jul-08 18:37:51

Hi i am currenty living in somercotes i am 28 weeks pregnant with my first child. Me and the babys father are not together but i am going to make sure i will be a brilliant mum. I just wondered if any1 close by like to chat as it can be lonely on my own

AvenaLife Sun 27-Jul-08 22:14:21

Hi choccypuddin.

I don't think there are many of us from Derby, my ds is 9 now so the baby memories are along way away. I know where I am there are baby and toddler groups to join, the HV's run baby signing classes etc. Are your family supporting you? It's really stressful and hard having a baby with no support. You sound determined to do this well and I'm sure that you will.
There's a few mums on the mnlocal, I don't know anyone else who is a single mum but they are all lovely and can be really supportive. smile

ShellySara Mon 04-Aug-08 23:29:03

I am near Derby (Burton on Trent) and I am also on my own (although this is more a case of absent father rather than lone parent).

My baby is 3 months old, but I am around if you need to talk, regularly go into Derby town if you want to meet for coffee.

Do you have any family close by?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now