Local Talk

Hello is there anybody out there?!!!!

(10 Posts)
MichelleDerby Fri 14-Dec-12 14:10:28

Hello!

The Derby Mumsnet Local pages are looking a bit empty. Just thought I'd post on here to see who's around. smile

I'm 34, I've got a DD (2 years) and DS (8 months). I'm on maternity leave until March 2013.

brew

NKOTB Fri 14-Dec-12 15:50:49

Hello from me too!

We've just moved to derby so know nothing and no one! confused

I have ds who is 3.5yo and dd who is 1.5yo. I'm now a sahm which is taking a little getting used to. smile

MichelleDerby Sat 15-Dec-12 20:58:56

Just us two then! smile

Come on there must be some other secret Mumsnetters in Derby!

TheCapLady Mon 31-Dec-12 13:02:23

There are quite a few of us, but these local pages seem to be out of the way, would be nice if they could pop up in our active convos.

I have a 1 year old, 3 year old, 5 year old, and an 8 year old.

MichelleDerby Sat 05-Jan-13 22:40:59

Hello TheCapLady! Apparently they are supposed to appear in our active conversations but I've never seen one, though possibly we're just not active enough!!! smile

derwentraven Thu 10-Jan-13 07:24:17

I'm here too! Just arrived in Derby a couple of weeks ago. My son is 2 and I'm at home with him.

Taffybird Sat 26-Jan-13 20:29:05

Hello! I've not been on Mumsnet for a while but after 7 months back at work I've finally managed to negotiate part-time hours so I'm looking for things to do in Derby with my 17 mth old DD on my days off.

SybildeChocolate Mon 04-Feb-13 11:00:58

Hello smile

The Derby mumsnetters are a bit shy and we've been trying to arrange meet ups for years a while. We may have to resort to offering cake pretty soon.

We're busy finding listings for you so that you can have some fun over half term (and to attract more Derby mumsnetters to the local pages) so feel free to add any as we couldn't possibly know everything that's happening in Derby.

If you have any questions please ask.

Sybil - your local editor.

TheCapLady Tue 05-Feb-13 00:35:14

There is a nice cafe now in Alvaston park that has cakes (and likely other less important things wink ) . It's between the car park, the play area, and the pond so good location for meet ups with the kids. It also has its own bus stop - available from the 41, 44, 45, 73, and Sky bus - just a short walk away along a marked path (marked by a sign, trees, and planets/science things they put in last year).

NKOTB Tue 05-Feb-13 14:12:38

Hi all!

Just wanted to point you in the direction of the meet ups section of our talk board.
here

Come and sign up and we can arrange a group meet up soon! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now