(4 Posts)
Tintinn Wed 18-Nov-15 16:36:05

We're thinking of moving to Torquay - children are secondary school age.
There are a lot of warnings against Torquay on the internet. Is it a bad place to live? Are there any places which are recognised as nice, family friendly places to live? What kind of people live there (if that's not a stupid question)? Is Torquay showing any sign of going up, or is it still going down?

coffeewitheightsugars Wed 18-Nov-15 16:46:05

Like anywhere it's a mixed bag. The areas of Wellswood, St. Marychurch, and Babbacombe are particularly nice. St. Cuthbert Mayne is a good school I believe (mine are younger but it's where I would like them to go.). I'd say as a whole the area is getting a bad reputation for the nightlife being primarily stag/hen nights with not a lot going on, but there are plans to build the area up. We like the nature aspect of living here, the beaches, and are very happy here.

Brixhambelle Fri 08-Jan-16 15:04:02

Or you could come over the other side of the bay to Brixham which is lovely smile however having grown up in Devon and returned in later life I think it helps hugely if your children enjoy the outdoor or sporty life style.

Amidhewitt Wed 31-Aug-16 12:48:49

Hey mummies...I have just set this page up on Facebook in the hope of making some lovely new mummy friends in the Willows...if you or anyone you know lives there, would you kindly add yourselves or share this link please! Thanks lovelies xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now