Relocating to Devon

(3 Posts)
snowquartz21 Wed 23-Mar-16 19:53:38

Hi all,

My partner and I are relocating to Devon in a few months. We are just wondering where people would recommend that we move to in terms of housing, job opportunities, public transport etc.

In terms of jobs we are both primarily interested in the care sector, mainly supporting people with special needs so we are wondering about that and what there is in terms of supported living, care homes, day centres, schools etc.

Any opinions/advice would be much appreciated! smile

Thanks x

snowquartz21 Wed 23-Mar-16 19:56:06

I forgot to mention that we will be renting so anything about this would also be helpful. We are wondering which areas in Devon are best! x

devondarling Mon 18-Apr-16 17:57:44

There's a brand new school - Millwater at the back of Bicton Collage. It's relocated from Honiton and is purpose built. It's only SN children. There are ALWAYS adverts for carers in the East Devon area as so many people need care in their own homes. There are also quite a few care homes for the elderly.
Housing is expensive in this area. Clinton Devon are big landlords. The further inland you go the cheaper housing gets both for renting and buying so think Ottery St Mary and the new town Cranbrook.
Village life is nice though if you like a community feel but then public transport is not so good.
Exmouth has good rail and bus links and is also by the sea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now