Talk to me about Barnstaple / South Molton / North Devon

(3 Posts)
UsernamesAllTaken Mon 25-Apr-16 15:59:56

I currently live in Berkshire. DH and I have four children and work from home and it's getting VERY cramped in our current house. House prices have gone stupid here, so since we don't have £1,000,000 to spend on a five bedroom house we're looking at relocating.

DH is from Tavistock and would like to return to Devon but we're considering the North of the county because we'll get more bang for our buck house-wise and he doesn't want to live too close to his parents.

With four children, we really need them to be able to get themselves around to school / friends' / activities etc. so we're thinking town rather than village. Ideally a small town so that everyone the same age is at the same school. By the time we move the older two will be at secondary school and the younger two at primary. DS1 has Dyslexia and Dyspraxia so SEN provision is important to me.

Apologies for the essay! Any info & opinions gratefully received :-)

Realalegirl Tue 26-Apr-16 07:56:25

Barnstaple is a great choice! Small but central and developing, I came here 2 years ago with my teenage daughters and haven't looked back, very safe and plenty of outdoors activities, I've found work very easily and house prices incredibly reasonable....hope this helps

UsernamesAllTaken Wed 27-Apr-16 16:57:51

Thanks for commenting! We moved to this area before having the children and could potentially go anywhere with decent broadband and reasonable house prices so any feedback is useful. I think it'll probably be N Devon or N Lancs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now