Local knowledge required!

(3 Posts)
rachelhorwood Sat 30-Apr-16 22:37:56

I'm a mumsnet newbie and although I've read many forums and threads I've never done one of my own.

Hubby, DD and I will be relocating to East Devon soon. Our house is on the market and we're slowly becoming obsessed with Zoopla and Rightmove!

Could anyone give us some advice about areas to look at (or avoid!). So far we think somewhere between Exmouth and Seaton...ish, preferably on the coast.

Any information would be appreciated

maniacbug Fri 06-May-16 09:36:43

I live right in the middle of the area you're looking at! We've been here for 4 years and absolutely love it. Happy to answer questions and give you a bit of local info, feel free to PM me if you like.

CrazyforCrochet Sun 05-Jun-16 16:49:59

Hi we live in Ottery St Mary in East Devon, which is between Exmouth and Seaton. It has good primary school and the secondary school - The Kings School gets very good Ofsted results. It is a small town with a good sense of community. I would say have a look at secondary schools first as when we located 8 years ago we didn't take it into consideration enough and had a few stressful moves before we settled here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now