Local Talk

Stage school

(2 Posts)
Aikidokaress Sun 10-Feb-13 13:54:58

Hi, after a discussion with some of my daughters school friend mums the other day I realised that there is a wide choice of 'stage schools' that offer either after school or weekend classes in the area, yet they were unsure which offered what benefits (if any!) My daughter has attended 2 different ones, one I felt was more a group to boost confidence in her, rather than to channel energy and give her an output and focus for her artistic side (and thankfully a brilliant vocal coach so that I don't mind her singing round the house anymore! Lol). So I thought I would share my recommendation with you all from experience.

Stagewise school for the performing arts. I find it to be a relaxed an fun environment, yet still all the tutors are professional actors, choreographers, vocal coaches etc and have industry background (rather than just out of college with a performing arts qualification) so it is a real stage school. Also every child Is offered a part in their show that they put on every 2 years in the lighthouse arts centre. If you are Dorset way I would recommend it above all other ones! I think they have classes covering from age 4-18 (I know they have them in Poole, Wimborne and Bournemouth)!
Www.stagewisetheatre.co.uk - when we joined they offered the first class free so we could try before committing, I think this is a permanent offer!

poundburyprincess Fri 22-Feb-13 08:03:57

I don't think they are in our area but we have found Stage Coach very good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now