Where to move to in Bournemouth

(3 Posts)
ohyouprettythings Sun 17-Mar-13 21:13:09

hello!
I'm hoping to move to Bournemouth with my boyfriend and our 1 year old in a few months. I'll be a stay at home mum for a while longer and my bf is a social worker but has been working as a support worker so would be after something care work related.

I just wondered if Bournemouth is a nice place to live with young children and if so where are the good places to try to rent. And also what the job market is like.

Thank you smile

CharWoman Mon 18-Mar-13 22:20:32

Hi ohyouprettythings. Bournemouth is a lovely place for kids I think!

In terms of area - if money was no object I'd aim for Southbourne (small suburb by the sea!) or possibly Queens Park or Westbourne. I would avoid Boscombe and Springbourne (just my personal opinion of course). And if you have an average income and want to still be near the town centre and the station etc, then look at Charminster. It's not pretty, but it's very handy and - just about - affordable.

Hope this helps a little bit, let us know if you have any more questions and good luck with your decisions! smile

thegpswife Thu 25-Jul-13 00:18:25

Hi, one week until our move to Southbourne - how have you got on with your plans? Moving is a minefield but surely worth the promise of better weather?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now