Local Talk

Middle Schools in Dorchester

(5 Posts)
lisalisaandthechillijam Mon 13-May-13 11:20:00

Hello there

I know you get these posts all the time but I really would be very grateful if any local parents could take 5 mins to give me some advice. We are relocating to Dorchester and are at the start of the logistical nightmare of getting our 2 daughters into school (they are currently in Year R and Year 4). We are looking to rent in Dorchester and would welcome any advice about which middle school catchment to rent in - essentially Dorchester Middle School v St Osmunds (plus any feedback re. St Marys in Puddletown would be great too). Can't really do much with admissions until we have a letting agreement to show proof of address, but can't decide where exactly in Dorchester to live until we have some idea of the schools - plus our daughter will be starting middle school at entry level so no guarantee of any places anyway!

KnightonGal Tue 28-May-13 16:33:39

Knighton House School is a girls' school in Durweston - well worth a visit especially if you don't know exactly where you will be living in Dorchester. Don't disregard because of distance as we operate a school bus that can pick up from Dorchester area. www.knightonhouse.dorset.sch.uk Good luck with the relocation!

poundburyprincess Sat 29-Jun-13 17:23:38

Both middle schools have a good reputation in Dorchester and Puddletown aswell. It may be just a case of looking around and seeing which you prefer. If you need anything pm me.:-)

Absolutelylost Tue 02-Jul-13 15:44:43

I am a governor at St Mary's and my son is just finishing Year 8. I love it!

theWookiesWife Sat 03-Aug-13 08:57:42

My daughter has loved St Mary's puddletown !! She's going up to year 8 in September !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now