Local Talk

Moving to Christchurch or Southbourne....

(4 Posts)
Suki21 Wed 05-Jun-13 14:43:55

Hello all

We are planning to move from South London to Christchurch in Dec/January - We have a three year old boy and I am due again in Oct. My partner is from Christchurch, and I am excited by our plan but terrified by the possibility of moving too! confused

This will sound like a stupid question, but....What do you do in the Winter there with small children??!! I'm not enjoying the winters anyway, but I'm trying to imagine being a bit more outdoorsy....

Also....Are there any good state/private nurseries that people would recommend for my three year old?

What are people's experiences of moving down without knowing people down there?

Many thanks!

Suki Sue

PurplePidjin Wed 05-Jun-13 20:21:54

I don't know about moving down because i grew up round here, but there's lots to do! Serendipity Sam's and The Good Play cafe have soft play, the beach and forest are still there - no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing wink - and Sure Start are excellent. Plus the usual library and community centre groups found all over.

Good luck, congratulations and welcome thanks

Suki21 Wed 05-Jun-13 21:52:06

Thanks PurplePidjin,

yes, I think I need reminding not to be such a winter coward! The other ideas are really welcome, thanks and thanks too for the warm welcome.

AshleyCox Wed 28-Aug-13 19:08:03

Hello :-)

I am also moving to Southbourne/Christchurch area last week in October (God willing if we find a place to rent with our dog!).

I'm interested in finding someone to Nanny share with if you would be interested?

Good luck with the move! It's terrifying isn't it! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now