Local Talk

Moving to Christchurch or Southbourne....

(5 Posts)
Suki21 Wed 05-Jun-13 14:43:55

Hello all

We are planning to move from South London to Christchurch in Dec/January - We have a three year old boy and I am due again in Oct. My partner is from Christchurch, and I am excited by our plan but terrified by the possibility of moving too! confused

This will sound like a stupid question, but....What do you do in the Winter there with small children??!! I'm not enjoying the winters anyway, but I'm trying to imagine being a bit more outdoorsy....

Also....Are there any good state/private nurseries that people would recommend for my three year old?

What are people's experiences of moving down without knowing people down there?

Many thanks!

Suki Sue

PurplePidjin Wed 05-Jun-13 20:21:54

I don't know about moving down because i grew up round here, but there's lots to do! Serendipity Sam's and The Good Play cafe have soft play, the beach and forest are still there - no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing wink - and Sure Start are excellent. Plus the usual library and community centre groups found all over.

Good luck, congratulations and welcome thanks

Suki21 Wed 05-Jun-13 21:52:06

Thanks PurplePidjin,

yes, I think I need reminding not to be such a winter coward! The other ideas are really welcome, thanks and thanks too for the warm welcome.

AshleyCox Wed 28-Aug-13 19:08:03

Hello :-)

I am also moving to Southbourne/Christchurch area last week in October (God willing if we find a place to rent with our dog!).

I'm interested in finding someone to Nanny share with if you would be interested?

Good luck with the move! It's terrifying isn't it! X

Mix24 Fri 26-Dec-14 14:10:34

Hello. We are also looking at moving to Southbourne, however we know very little about the place. I have a 3yo, so need to look at school places too. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now