Local Talk

Moving to Blandford Forum

(4 Posts)
Baby13 Fri 13-Sep-13 22:33:54

Hi all
I'm moving to Blandford from SW London at the end of September and would be keen to know about local mum and baby groups to go to or that are easy to get to by public transport?!

Would also be great to meet other local mums too, so please introduce yourself if you're about and up for a cuppa in a few weeks time!

Jo1991 Sun 06-Oct-13 16:00:56

Hi there I run a toddler group on a Wednesday in pimperne village hall from 9.30 to 11.30. You would be most welcome.

xingowner Fri 21-Mar-14 15:15:21

Just had a look at the local threads and saw this. There is a great term time baby and toddler group at Knighton house School, in their nursery. Very friendly and welcoming

new2dorset Thu 01-Jan-15 12:41:16

Hi

We will be moving to Blandford Forum from Bucks during March 2015 with our daughter, (nearly 4 y o) as I have a new job to begin. We are excited but I am worried about my daughter settling in at a pre-school. I have started to look at Primary Schools in Blandford as my daughter will start a Primary School in September 2015. We are going to be new to the area and will not have any friends or family around.

I would like to meet with mums with small children, (ideally) at the weekends once my other half sets to the DIY that will no doubtedly be required on our new house. I would also like to meet with mums for advice, socials and adult conversation. I really look forward to hearing from anyone in my situation or has been in my situation or just anyone who can us ease into our new life.

It is going to be a super busy and no doubt stressful time for us as our home is not on the market yet, it needs a little work and besides we are having a viewing on Saturday in Blandford of a home I feel certain we shall make an offer on. Then there will be the emotional side to the move as I am sure my daughter will be sad to leave her friends behind...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now