moving to Bridport - primary school advice?

(8 Posts)
noLongerCrossMummy Tue 16-Feb-16 11:52:54

Hello ladies, we are a couple of dreaded DFLs looking to move to Bridport soon. I have one DS who would be entering yr1. What are the primary schools like? Any ones to avoid? Or is it better to be in a village outside Bridport? Any advice v. gratefully received! xM

Chachas22 Tue 23-Feb-16 16:03:16

Hello

The best school in Bridport would be Bridport Primary but most people try to get their kids into the surrounding Village schools like Salwayash, Powerstock, loders, Symondsbury.

I hope that helps a little

noLongerCrossMummy Tue 23-Feb-16 21:05:53

Fab, super helpful, thank you @chachas22!

Chachas22 Tue 23-Feb-16 21:57:27

It's a long shot but can i ask where you live? i'm looking at moving to the Verwood area and need recommendation on schools there.

noLongerCrossMummy Thu 25-Feb-16 17:29:54

Chachas22 weird, my post didn't upload. We're in East Dulwich in South East London. Catchment area around where we live about 200m. Kid you not.

Mummabear99 Thu 29-Sep-16 17:59:32

Help we are moving to Beaminster any recommendations for primary year 6 and 5 ! Thank you . Sorry for hijacking your post

Mummabear99 Thu 29-Sep-16 17:59:34

Help we are moving to Beaminster any recommendations for primary year 6 and 5 ! Thank you . Sorry for hijacking your post

Ipodmermaid Fri 30-Sep-16 13:42:08

We moved from North London to Bridport almost three years ago. Love it! We looked at village schools but in the end went for Bridport Primary as the staff and particularly the head seemed very switched on. Being a bigger school it offered much more in the way of diversity, extra curricular stuff and community involvement. HTH. You won't regret it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now