Moving to lower parkstone with toddler & baby

(4 Posts)
Warandpeas Thu 10-Mar-16 21:56:12

Hi there,

We are moving to Lower Parkstone in June with a 2.5yo and 3 month old and I was hoping to get some recommendations for good mum & baby groups in the local area, plus any other useful info about activities/amenities like libraries, children's centres etc.

Also does anyone have any experience of st Luke's preschool? We are looking at enrolling the toddler there in due course.

Nashymonster Tue 29-Mar-16 17:57:52

Dear Warandpeas, Hope your move goes well and you settle in. Can I mention Pebbles that meets at Christ Church Westbourne, Alumhurst Road, Westbourne, BH4 8ER in term time on Weds & Thurs 10am to 11:30am for Pre-school aged children and their parents & carers. It's run by volunteers from my church and I used to help at it so I know it to be a loving and fun Parents and Toddlers group. There is a whole host of toys for free play time, Singing and Bible Story time and Craft time. There's a drink and snack break and for the adults, a whole host of people provide home made cakes and there are hot drinks on tap so there's opportunity to make and catch up with friends. There is a car park at the church which fills up because the group is so popular. They limit how many families can attend at any given time, so there may be a waiting list, but don't let that put you off. You'll not be turned away on your first visit. Do call 01202 760952 and someone will come back to you.

Pagetta Fri 01-Apr-16 00:15:45

The ark and Poole park are great for kids (not in busy periods though! )
Branksome children's centre about a mile away they do groups etc and that was where I went for weigh-ins etc when I lived there.
The brit pub do kids mornings so you can sit and chill out and toddler can play etc
I used to do baby sensory in broadstone - a bit of a drive but not too bad!
Local libraries in poole do rhythm and rhyme and singing sessions a lot too
It's such a lovely area I miss living there hope you enjoy it!

Warandpeas Mon 13-Jun-16 12:42:13

Thank you both for the info. We're here now and wondered if there were any lower Parkstone meet ups planned soon?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now