Living in and around Christchurch - advice please!

(2 Posts)
Kia79 Sun 09-Oct-16 14:52:29

Hi,

We're looking to move to the Christchurch area sometime in the new year. We currently live in Bedfordshire so don't have many opportunities to check out what areas we like/don't like etc.

We have decided to narrow our search to Christchurch and the surrounding area - namely Southbourne/Iford and Purewell/Stanpit and obviously Christchurch as well.

My husband will be commuting to London twice a week so we need to be relatively close to a train station and I have a nearly 4 yr old and a 6 month old so we need to be close to a good/outstanding infant school.

We've seen some lovely houses in Purewell but I'm unsure about the noise from the bypass - is it particularly noisy?

What areas should we avoid? We live quite rural at the moment and I'd love to be closer to a town but I'm unsure about living in central Christchurch - does it feel too busy?

So many questions and don't know where to start!

Many thanks,
Kate

LocalEditorDorset Sun 09-Oct-16 22:16:53

Hi Kate,

Welcome to the site, the houses in Purewell may come under Somerford School catchment situated on the nearby council estate. The noise from the bypass isn't a problem unless you are very near. Over the road is Mudeford with it's outstanding but over subscribed infants. MAP

Christchurch is becoming busier because it is a lovely area for families. Southbourne is also worth considering and Christchurch has good schools.

My partner commutes to London from Mudeford several times a week, there are train stations locally within 10 minutes drive.

Hope that helps a bit.

Michelle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now