Local Talk

Hello! Looking for Dorset friends...

(5 Posts)
Freyaee Thu 26-Sep-13 23:32:44

Hi everyone, seems like the Dorset boards are a little sparse, but thought I'd say hello anyway!

I moved from just outside London to a village near Dorchester in May. My husband and I have made a couple of friends in the village over the last few months, but I would love to talk to / meet with some people just a little closer to my age (I'm 26), though I'm finding it hard at the moment as most people are quite a lot older here. Everyone I've met has been lovely and very welcoming and am happy to have older friends of course, but it would be good to have a friend in Dorset that I feel is on the same page as me, if that makes sense. All my close friends live in or around London or otherwise too far away to just pop round for a cup of tea and a chat, which I miss.

Anyway, if anyone nearby is willing to have a chat (online and maybe eventually IRL!) would be pleased to hear from you smile

youlooklikeaclown Fri 10-Jan-14 10:47:07

Hi Freyaee I'm Local Editor of the site. I'm based in Sturminster Newton, I'd be happy to chat, does it matter that I'm in my 40's? Hope you are settling in to the Dorset way of life, far slower than London I guess. I've been here for about 18 months or so and love the place!

lauraparsons233 Thu 06-Mar-14 19:04:02

Hello, im 25 and have moved here from Swindon about 8 weeks ago and I'm in Ferndown... likewise looking to talk to other people... x

Sofie88 Thu 06-Mar-14 20:31:34

Hi Freyaee, Im 26 and live in Beaminster which is sort of near Dorchester, my little boy is 11 months old. And we frequently go to dorchester to meet up with his 3 month old cousin Finn and Finn's mum. If youd like to chat or meet up then let me know smile xx

Avril1975 Tue 25-Mar-14 23:34:40

Hi my name is Avril I am 37 have 3 children youngest 11 and oldest 15 I live in Dorchester,Married no friends really to speak of more accquaintances, love to go out for a drink,meal cinema into car boot sales would love to meet new friends although a little shy and nervous I can waffle on sometimes,I you are interested in chatting more please feel free to reply Avril x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now