Local Talk

Single parents

(5 Posts)
tmls77 Wed 12-Oct-11 20:41:31

Are there any single parent support groups locally???

I've tried to contact the local 'Gingerbread' group (for lone parents, based in Halesowen) with no reply!!

If there are no single parent groups locally, I would be interested to hear from other lone parents as I am considering setting up such a group.

racheyfaye Thu 22-Nov-12 18:05:19

I would like to know about lone parent groups to.

KatyOllie3 Thu 03-Jan-13 22:51:22

I'm in Dudley and been lookin for something similar so let me know if you find anything smile

juliarobins Mon 04-Mar-13 16:48:36

Hi, Im a lone parent living in halesowen and work at dudley jobcentreplus as lone parent advisor, local childrens centres have a few things on for parents not specifically for lone parents but i know alot of lone parents use these in the borough, if you do look at setting up a group i would be interested in helping either on a voluntary basis or some outreach support through my work, as this is can be undertaken as part of my job role.x

juliarobins Mon 04-Mar-13 16:55:24

Also my daughter has special needs so could help with what services are available, also support through educational issues. thanks Julia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now