Local Talk

Antenatal Classes

(3 Posts)
rach1309 Thu 07-Oct-10 12:18:22

Hi

I'm 28 years old and 31 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have not booked antenatal classes as yet and now think I may have left it too late. I moved to Dundee with my partner 6 years ago but don't have a lot of friends and none of them have children. I feel completely clueless and self conscious about attending classes eventhough I have read all of the literature provided. I know I really need to sort this out but don't even know where to start or what to expect. Have a few bad experiences with staff when I had to visit Ninewells due to problems earlier on in the pregnancy and am now finding the whole situation completely overwhelming. Any suggestions of where to try for classes would be much appreciated.

Thank you

scaryfairy28 Fri 08-Oct-10 10:39:44

Ive looked at the NCT ones they cost a bit but sound pretty good.

CrystalQueen Thu 14-Oct-10 21:07:35

Wow I just found the local section. I know the other messages are a week old, but I just wanted to say that I found the "woman-only" NHS classes quite enjoyable. You could always try ringing up and seeing if there are spaces, they can only say no! The ones I went to were at my GP surgery (although not organised by the surgery) but there were mums from all over Dundee and Angus there. I got a leaflet about the classes from my midwife, but presumably if you ring the ante-natal appointments at Ninewells they would know who to contact.

The classes at Ninewells (for both partners) were OK but I felt much more self-conscious. Plus Ninewells is always far too hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now