Local Talk

Places to meet people and activities

(5 Posts)
scaryfairy28 Thu 09-Jun-11 20:18:11

I live in Dundee and have 4 week old dd anyone have any ideas of things I can do with her, places I might meet some other mums, etc

KirstyJane78 Sun 12-Jun-11 18:42:41

Babysensory

Fun K Company

Or there are council run activities, the library will do rhyme time sessions, now called bookbug I think!

Or a walking group called hot wheels.

Your HV should have a booklet that they hand out with a list of local groups/support groups!

CrystalQueen Tue 14-Jun-11 13:44:40

Where about in Dundee? There is a good baby/toddler group at Woodlea Children's Centre in Lochee on a Wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon.
Check your local library for the Rhyme time sessions. They were slightly lost on my daughter at that age but a way to meet other mums. My DD and DH go to a toddler group at our local community centre in Menzieshill which is on every morning.

I hate to mention the "other site" but Netmums has good listings for baby groups.

Don't rely on your HV, she told me there were no local groups when there are two in the community centre round the corner!

scaryfairy28 Tue 14-Jun-11 21:36:39

I stay in the city centre but happy to travel went to book bug this morning she stayed awake right through it which was nice! I'll have a look about for groups and will try the other site as not much on listings on here.

cheekyginger Mon 05-Dec-11 22:23:23

Another recommendation for baby sensory.

The classes are held in the ice arena and in a tennis club in broughty ferry. Great fun and gives you good ideas for songs and games at home. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now