Local Talk

Hairdresser in Dundee?

(12 Posts)
Euphemia Sun 12-Feb-12 17:07:39

I've just moved to the area and I'm looking for a good hairdresser. I'm 45 with "awkward" hair, so I don't need anywhere super-trendy, just somewhere that I can get a decent cut and colour. smile

See the thread in 'discussions of the day' : Mumsnet haircut - cut above the rest?

You need never darken the door of a hairdresser ever again! wink

ilovebabytv Sun 12-Feb-12 17:22:29

I used to go to the Merchants in Dundee, they always did a fab job of my hair. Went to another branch of merchants and they were a joke. Groupon usually do a hair cut/colour voucher for dundee on a fairly regular basis too.

I go to a girls house, could pm you her number. Otherwise can recommend Partners or Martin & Reavey in broughty ferry.

screamingskull Sun 19-Feb-12 11:11:36

I can recommend Jack's it is, accross the road from the registry office (it is actually up a close, couple of doors up from the ELC). Lovely staff in there. Oh and welcome to Dundee smile

Hope the haircut went well!

Euphemia Mon 05-Mar-12 17:45:31

Nah - not happy with it. sad I look like I have helmet hair all the time. I'll keep trying ...!

Mrsmonkfish Fri 09-Mar-12 12:41:00

MacIntyre's is THE BEST (also prob the most expensive). I used to go down to Glasgow for years after I moved here because I just couldn't find a decent hairdresser. Not any more.

Euphemia Fri 09-Mar-12 12:43:06

Union Street or Perth Road?

DixieDust Wed 21-Nov-12 13:05:37

MacIntyres is brilliant but I got annoyed with the time they spent faffing about with products etc.

I also believe I am now too old & fat grin

I have a mobile - can PM you if you need she's brilliant and my old hairdresser, also brilliant, has a salon at her house - beautifully done but a PITA for us to get to - local to Dundee folks though - can send details of that too.

Both options cheaper than salons smile

TeaAndTunnocks Wed 21-Nov-12 22:19:58

A vote for McIntyres here. I go to Jay, she is far too trendy for me, but very good and very sweet.

NotatallSnootie Wed 16-Jan-13 12:59:08

Someone I know recommended Bliss in Monifieth recently, has anyone tried it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now