Local Talk

Christmas Trees

(8 Posts)
Pehsandbridies Sat 24-Nov-12 11:23:13

We are hoping to get a real christmas tree this year, one in a pot as we don't have too much room, can anyone suggest where we should buy one from?

TeaAndTunnocks Mon 26-Nov-12 17:12:30

No idea, but don't do what my parents did and buy one from some guys at the side of the road. They wanted one with roots so that they could put it in the garden after Xmas.

When dad went to plant it, he discovered a sawn off stump. smile

If you find out, will you let me know because we always have a real one.

DixieDust Tue 27-Nov-12 18:34:45

Turriffs garden centre in Broughty Ferry. I got mine there last year and it lasted for AGES

TeaAndTunnocks Tue 27-Nov-12 21:00:35

ooh, good tip. I have also heard that there is a place out in Tempelton Woods - an actual place to buy them, not just a place to take a saw and steal one (as I thought when I was told)

Pehsandbridies Wed 28-Nov-12 18:48:26

I'd forgotten about turriffs, perfect excuse for something to eat at Jessie's Kitchen too! Did it come in a pot Dixie? Did they have different sizes?

TeaAndTunnocks Mon 03-Dec-12 21:47:00

So, if they are in a pot, does that mean you can plant it in the garden afterwards?

I have just realised that all our decorations are in storage. Meh.

DixieDust Fri 07-Dec-12 20:23:42

They've all different sizes although I am no longer allowed to buy the Christmas tree. Something to do with DH not quite forgiving me for the 14ft one I had delivered a few years ago grin

Not sure if they come in a pot, I don't think so though hmm

NotatallSnootie Wed 16-Jan-13 12:52:15

Just in case anyone comes back to this this time next year, we got a lovely one from Caring Christmas Trees proceed go to the Bethany Trust.

You pick up from the Swallow hotel - I can't remember what it's called now, is it the Landmark? At the Invergowrie roundabout.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now