Local Talk

Local Rainbow unit

(7 Posts)
Pehsandbridies Fri 04-Jan-13 15:14:10

I am looking to get my LO signed up for Rainbows, so I emailed the contact through the website who gave me details of 2 local units, one hasn't got back to me despite an email and a phonecall, and the other one has replied to say the unit has closed. Anyone know of any units in Dundee?

DixieDust Sat 05-Jan-13 23:52:21

I only know of one in Fife, have you asked at your local Church? They're normally run in the halls there.

MFTCTST Wed 09-Jan-13 14:32:05

I think there is a Rainbows in the Community Centre/Library in Charleston, Dundee.

TeaAndTunnocks Sun 13-Jan-13 14:28:50

I am pretty sure there is one in St Johns Church... oh wait. Have found a webpage here with all the units - the one I know is the 31st Logie/St Johns Cross.

I will be there tomorrow night, do you want me to see if there is a phone number on the wall?

or try contacting the Church

CrystalQueen Mon 04-Mar-13 20:04:41

I know this a couple of months too late, but in case anyone else wants to know

https://enquiryym.girlguiding.org.uk/

Is the website you need to check. Now the guiders can't add girls, it all has to go through this website.

Pehsandbridies Tue 05-Mar-13 13:24:21

I used that link and was emailed out of date information. The units had both packed in.

CrystalQueen Tue 05-Mar-13 14:03:43

That's a bit rubbish. Did you get a find a unit? The whole "Join Us" internet thing only went live as far as I know in December so there might have been teething problems. If you're still looking for a unit I can ask around - I'm a trainee Guide guider so we tend to get girls who are already in the system.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now