Local Talk

Child friendly cafes in angus

(8 Posts)
carnoustiemum Thu 07-Feb-13 20:42:39

Hello everyone, just a wee message to see if any one has any recommendations for good cafes when dining with little ones! I've got a 4 year old and a baby and am always looking for places that sell decent kids meals (why does every place insist on chicken nuggets, no wonder there is so much childhood obesity!) and something to keep the littles one amused, soft play, books etc?

Only place I can think of in angus is Charleston Fruit Farm in Montrose. Would be great to hear your suggestions x

TeaAndTunnocks Tue 19-Feb-13 12:42:32

Have you been out to Lunan Farm and Cafe? It is great for a long walk on the beach (or a slow stroll while your 4yo looks under every rock!) and then a coffee afterwards.

Not sure what their kids meals are like, but we had a delicious freshly cooked breakfast there one morning.

Seafest Thu 28-Feb-13 14:13:01

Hiya! There are a few places around here. The Roos Leap in Montrose is really child friendly. In fact most places we have been to with the kids are too.

TeaAndTunnocks Fri 01-Mar-13 23:35:38

Roos Leap sounds funny. Is that to do with Roo from Winnie Pooh?

Seafest Sat 02-Mar-13 15:05:45

They do a lovely blooming onion! It's (oddly) more Australian in title than pooh related. They do amazing burgers....think I will go now.

TeaAndTunnocks Sat 02-Mar-13 18:54:03

Ah, kangaroo in the original sense of the word smile

Sounds good, will have to try it out

fallon8 Mon 18-Mar-13 11:21:49

Roos leap...owned and run by Ozzie family,,fabulous beef burgers,homemade...

fallon8 Mon 18-Mar-13 11:25:14

Just. Remembered,,take tea trays,,fantastic sledging down the sand dunes at Lunan..
Another good place for bad weather..Montrose Museum,,small but packed full of fascinating stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now