Local Talk

Shall we organise a meetup? Who wants to try the fab new cafe in Newport?

(16 Posts)
LEDundeeAngus Fri 08-Nov-13 17:55:07

You may have seen the review on the blog for the new cafe in Newport.

I thought we should go and try it out, and am willing to tempt you all with cake. I had this one recently - Sticky toffee cake with salted caramel buttercream and Tunnocks. It was SUBLIME.

Who is available, and what day is best for you?

Pehsandbridies Fri 08-Nov-13 19:25:24

I would be up for that, love her cakes when we go to Jessie's kitchen. Can also help with lifts if folk don't drive.

LEDundeeAngus Fri 08-Nov-13 19:56:42

Yes, I can fit a few folk into my car too.

popcorngazebo Wed 13-Nov-13 14:21:16

Ooh I'd be up for it, depending on which day!

LEDundeeAngus Wed 13-Nov-13 17:12:07

I've chatted to the owner, and if we were going to be a larger crowd, she'd be happy to open for us on a Monday. The cafe is normally closed, but she is in baking anyway and would sling us some cake and coffee.

I went today, just to make sure that it was acceptable for you lot. The things I do for Mumsnet!

Pehsandbridies Wed 13-Nov-13 20:49:54

I work on Mondays so can't do that, but please go with what suits the majority. Fridays are best for me, as they tend to be child free.

chickenlicken999 Thu 14-Nov-13 10:28:11

Can someone link me up to the facebook page please?

LEDundeeAngus Thu 14-Nov-13 12:19:29

We can do Friday, Peh. Depending on how many people want to come, I am sure we can squeeze into Kitschnbake.

Chicken
here is the FB page

Are your kids all off school today too?

LEDundeeAngus Tue 07-Jan-14 13:19:18

AHEM.

Shall we try this out now that we have Xmas behind us? Who fancies tea and cake in Newport?

LEDundeeAngus Wed 15-Jan-14 17:38:37

I am going to put a meet up on the schedule for the last Friday in January. Hope some of you can make it.

MaryLou1 Fri 17-Jan-14 17:28:35

Hi
Would this Meet up be suitable for a 4 year old? She's not at nursery on a thurs or fri. If not I'm sure I'll meet you all another time.
Marylou

LEDundeeAngus Sat 18-Jan-14 23:59:47

MaryLou
Yes, totally suitable for your dd. The cafe is run by a lovely woman who has 3 dds and she is used to kids being underfoot! She has a little shelf with a few toys and games.

LEDundeeAngus Wed 29-Jan-14 17:21:54

Bumpity bump.

How are we doing for this meetup?

If you are planning on attending, would you let me know because I have a meeting on Friday, that I might need to reschedule.

LEDundeeAngus Fri 31-Jan-14 08:44:53

Morning all! Sorry guys, but I won't make this meetup - DD was ill during the night and I will have to stay home with her. I'll reschedule for later in Feb.

LentilAsAnything Fri 31-Jan-14 18:38:23

Hope she is ok now and had a good day.

LEDundeeAngus Fri 31-Jan-14 22:03:19

She's ok. We've lazed about all day - well, she has. I was working from the couch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now