Local Talk

Dundonians, Fifers, Angusoids and Perthites - Over here!

(500 Posts)
PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 15:45:46

Welcome to the crisp shiny new threadgrin! The old one was getting a wee bit stoorie and dog-eared.

Have done my best to list all those from the previous thread, though some may have namechanged since then... hope I've included everyone - apologies to anyone missed.

Klaw
Perigrine
mrspitt
FromGirders
clayre
fish45
ILiveinhope
dingdong05
LittleWee Pickle
jamtastic
littlepinkpixie
minipinkscottish
dizzydixies
PinkPussyCat
louii
Jennyfromthe Block
poppysocks
babyboos
kofiwan
Tigz1985
Newmum1977
asur
kam29

clayre Wed 10-Sep-08 15:47:17

singing in

clayre Wed 10-Sep-08 15:47:39

singing, duh signing

PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 15:48:57

Hi again clayre!

clayre Wed 10-Sep-08 15:49:57

hiya, i really should keep up with you lot!

PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 15:54:23

Yes you'll need to come to the next meet up...

Whenever that might be!

I am frozen today but refusing to put heating on so far. My 'mouse' hand is like lead!

<digs out gloves>

clayre Wed 10-Sep-08 16:04:20

lol my dp isnt letting me put the heating on till mid Dec, what he doesnt know wont hurt him!

where about are you pinkpussycat?

PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 16:08:54

I am in Longforgan.
Remind me where you are clayre?

(What is it with men - they never seem to feel the cold like us!)

clayre Wed 10-Sep-08 16:16:26

I am in Dundee, he does feel the cold he's just bloody tight!!

PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 16:30:35

Oh dear... Thermals for you then!

I put heating on yesterday...dh says not to worry about it as gas will be ripped out soon anyway....smile

Love the new thread...well done PPCgrin

bobsyouruncle Wed 10-Sep-08 17:11:59

Hello, I've been MNing for about 3 years and have been meaning to say hello to you all for ages blush. I'm in Perthshire and have a dd (5 almost 6) and ds (4).

bobsyouruncle Wed 10-Sep-08 17:12:33

ps. your new thread motivated me to join in grin

clayre Wed 10-Sep-08 18:52:00

hi mini and bob, i an gonna make an effort to keep up with the thread this time, i am pretty usless at this kind of thing!

Thermals are tempting!!

PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 21:54:52

Why thank you minipink! <takes bow>

Welcome to bobsyouruncle! Always good to hear from new folks. (It's great what a wee bit of re-branding can dogrin)

dingdong05 Fri 12-Sep-08 10:41:37

Hey everyone!
Wow, I didn't realise there was so many of us on here! (By "us" I am ignoring the fact that I've become a part-timer )

We just got back from visiting my ds's dad and grandparents dan saff. Which went surprisingly well. It was capped off nicely with a visit to some friends before returning home, so all in all it was a grand week.
Has anyone else been to Thomas Land? If you have a Thomas obsessed youngster they would be like a pig in the proverbial. I will warn you about the gift shop though- massive Thomas merchandising overload!

And I add my well done on the new thread PPC [kiss]

PinkPussyCat Fri 12-Sep-08 14:32:45

Hello dingdonggrin Lol at 'dan saff' I had to read it a couple of times before the penny dropped! (duuuuh)

My nephew is Thomas-obsessed! Whereabouts is Thomas Land?

LittleWeePickle Fri 12-Sep-08 22:32:47

Hello all [smile} just thought I'd sign in and say hi to y'all - I'm in Dundee (Lochee if you're interested!) and am becoming terribly concerned at my addiction to MN.... oops shock

dizzydixies Fri 12-Sep-08 23:30:04

evening all, sorry for being absent - everything going to pot and housework and MN suffering the most, funny how only the lack of MN is bothering me grin

dd1 doing well at school
dd2 must be having another growth spurt as can't stand up still without falling over
dd3 coming on great and smiling away like a wee milk filled loon bless her smile

lovely new thread PPC!

Morning all.....YAWN!!!!

Abbie slpet from 9pm till 5.15am and went down again by 5.45am but I had to stay up to take ds2 to catch his bus for rugby. Now doing mn and having breakfast before taking ds1 to swim training....hmm Then...omg what will I do with LO's today it's sooooooooo miserable outsad

smile Glad this thread has wakened up again.
Hello littleweepickle smile

clayre Sat 13-Sep-08 08:50:24

Morning!!

Off to dancing with dd this morning then morrisons for some shopping then my dad was going to light his new gas BBQ but i think that may be cancelled!

Will have to get the paints out this afternoon or something to keep them occupied!!

hi everyone.
i'm near st michaels just south of dundee.

dizzydixies promised we could moan about the weather on here - is that right??

although i'm quite glad it's rubbish today as dh is taking the dc's out while i finish an essay and i hate trying to work when it's sunny.

PinkPussyCat Sat 13-Sep-08 10:55:02

Hello all, welcome Storm and LittleWeePickle good to hear from you bothsmile

Dreech or what. Typical Saturday weather! I ordered dh + ds out of the house this morning so I could have some peace as it will be the last opportunity for a while (dh is off to a party in a Glasgow hotel tonight and is staying over, the lucky dog! And he is working next weekend so this is my only chance to get a shower/breakfast etc in peace)

What has happened to Klaw?

Dizzy - RL is a bugger isnt itwink Glad you are all ok tho.

Clayre - shockSurely your Dad was jesting about the BBQ??

dingdong05 Sat 13-Sep-08 11:10:28

Hey everyone!
And what a lovely day it is too!
I was going to spend some time in my new allotment but that's out of the window. I guess its cbeebies, computer and walle books this morning
Has anyone heard of the story time thing at the rep on sat mornings? Is it any good?

Littleweepickle we all have had the mn addiction. T'is the reason I'm not on here too often, I get obsessed and then let too many things slide!

story time sounds good. i've not heard of it though.

envy of allotment. there are none whatsoever in north-east fife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now