Local Talk

Nurseries in Dunfermline

(11 Posts)
scottygirl5 Thu 19-Jan-12 17:11:00

My DD will need to start nursery later this year when my mat leave ends. Has anyone had any experience with any of the nurseries in Dunfermline,good or bad?

xxmush1983xx Wed 01-Feb-12 00:40:40

I used The Three Bears nursery in Canmore Street, but this was over 5 years ago! I liked it, the staff were very good with the kids and they provided all their food, also quite flexible with you and your need. Like I say though, 5 years ago! Hope you get on ok smile

Mum2Fergus Thu 16-Feb-12 21:19:35

My son is in Pitreavie Kindergarten. Visited around 10 before making choice and Im 100% happy with the place. Staff are amazing, facilities are fab, lots of varied activities, cant imagine him anywhere else! His primary carer from baby room is our babysitter now too smile

scottygirl5 Mon 20-Feb-12 17:07:42

Thanks for responses. Still looking as i want to see them all before deciding. Anyone heard anything bad about any of them?

Mum2Fergus Tue 06-Mar-12 21:10:35

Not heard anything as such but did visit the Careshare place near SKY call centre...def no no! Was only in the place a few minutes and was ready to leave, totally disorganised, kids running wild in the halls,crazy stuff! Once you start a few visits you'll instinctively know when one feels good and right.

feemcg1 Thu 08-Mar-12 09:30:07

Hi there,

Im moving to Dunfermline from Edinburgh next month and Im also looking for a nursery for my 2 year old.
It sounds like Il be giving that nursery a miss!!!

Mum2Fergus Thu 08-Mar-12 21:06:50

Hi feemcg, Id definitely recommend Pitreavie Kindergarten. My son has been there for 2 years now, and loves it! The staff are amazing, facilities great, loads of activities inside and out. Really happy with my choice. Where in Dunfermline are you moving to? x

rosyposybluebell Fri 16-Mar-12 12:28:35

My daughter went to Rainbow Nursery in Hillend, Dalgety Bay. She stated at age 2 for 2 full days a week and really enjoyed it. There is a great outside play area and when she was there, a very low staff turnover.

rosyposybluebell Fri 16-Mar-12 12:31:15

Also meant to say that I had a look at the Careshare Nursery near Sky and thought it was terrible. Very crowded, the baby room was manic, the babies didn't have a separate sleep area. Also meant to say that my daughter was at Rainbow Nursery from May 2005 to August 2008.

Piffpaffpoff Mon 19-Mar-12 22:34:58

My 2 went to the Careshare near Sky over the last 4/5 years and they loved it. The staff were brilliant and I had no worries or concerns about them being there, ever. Really nice food, cooked on the premises by a lovely lady who was absolutely adored by my two! Lots of outside play as well, which was important to me. I don't work there, honest - just wanted to give my positive view on our experience there.

But the thing with nurseries is that you have to be 100% confident about it and what you feel happy with might not suit someone else. It's such a personal choice and a hugely difficult one! So go and visit a few, you'll quickly get a sense of what one will be best for you and your children.

FionaBe Mon 02-Apr-12 15:47:26

My DD goes to Three Bears in Dunfermline. I have been very happy for the 2 years she has been there (from when she was 11.5 months). Our neighbours have used Three Bears too for their DD who is now 7 and DS who is 2. i have not known of anyone leave to go to a different nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now